Sign in to follow this  
agbo

How can I change the width of the post pages only?

agbo

My post pages are too narrow and I want to make them wider (only the post page, not the entire blog). Like the full width option for pages, for example. See post page width example: http://www.cocoaosx.com/2011/11/08/the-software-artist-and-the-software-artisan-two-types-of-inheritance/. How can I change the width of the post pages only? I am a begginer with css so I do appreciate if you could give also the css code. Thanks

kastelic
If you look in the body tag you will see classes that are unique to any given page or type of page. The class you want to use is "single" as it only appears on single post pages. So for example in your case: [code] .single #wrapper { width: 980px; } .single #maincontent { width: 660px; } [/code]

agbo
Many thanks. This issue is solved. Although now I have a problem with the sidebard, that was relocated below the content post. I have tried to exclude the sidebar (do not show in posts) but it seems it is impossible as I doid not find any option to simply exclude sidebars in all post. Any clue?

Danny
Hi Agbo, If I understand you correctly, you want to hide the sidebar when viewing a single post? If so add this to your custom code: [code] .single-post #sidebar { display: none; } [/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

michaeljohnprice
The other solution is to use the full-width layout as the default layout in the Layout Editor. That way all of your posts will be full-width without any sidebars by default. When adding pages, you can pick and choose what layout you want to use instead.

agbo
Hi michaeljohnprice, where is exactly the Layout Editor?

Rob
Agbo, if you have PlatformPro, go to Dashboard > PlatformPro and in the PlatformPro settings on the left side, you should see Layout Editor. What version of PlatformPro do you have and is Platformbase activated?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur