Sign in to follow this  
incitrio

White space at VERY bottom of all pages

incitrio

Just launched a blog in Platform Pro for a client, and I'm still stuck with about 25px of whitespace at the very bottom. Firebug actually shows it as part of the html selector, and I've tried every CSS trick I know to identify and fix this (making background image part of body, instead of page, etc). I'm thinking it's part of the .fix class that is used on some elements? Or .outline? Anyway, please check it out at the following, and let me know if anyone has any bright ideas: http://www.tachyon.com/blog/

Rob
In Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup under Site Footer, I believe you probably have Footer Sidebars still present but somehow removed the content from the default sidebars. Thus you still have a div present. Evidently, you are using an extremely outdated set of Platform. Specifically, Platform Pro 1.2.0 and Base 1.04. Currently, we're using PlatformPro 1.5.3 and Base 1.4.1. Those must be updated. The blank line could also be caused by a plugin, but we won't know until you update. We found this below the last div on your page: [code] [/code] This looks like a plugin related to image management or handling, or some cookie. I cannot say this is causing the problem, but if there are javascripts in the footer section of your Custom CSS, no override of the footer will stop there being a space for them. Let's start with updating your version of Platform Pro to be contemporary. If the problem persists, we'll be able to diagnose it further then.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

incitrio
Thanks for looking into this so quickly. I thought I checked for updates on the Platform and Base when I installed, and it didn't pick up any. I've made quite a few customizations in base, and to dynamic.css in pro (long story), so I should anticipate the site going offline for update and tweaking? Please confirm that my files in Base will not be affected by update? I also found that last span (it's part of hubspot tracking code scripts), but even with all those scripts removed, the whitespace is still there. No plugins are running on the site at all. None.

incitrio
ps. Footer areas in template setup are all empty. I'm actually using the Universal Template for the footer you see, as it goes full page width. But even with that deleted and cleared out, the whitespace exists.

Rob
Your files in base will not be affected... EXCEPT, you shouldn't be writing directly to dynamic.css. The whole point of it being "dynamic" is that it is written to by the Custom Code / CSS Rules area. I'd suggest making a backup of that file on your local machine. Are there footer scripts in Custom Code?

incitrio
Okay. Do I need to download files again from Pagelines in order to update? As noted above, yes there are footer scripts in there right now, but even with them removed entirely, and all template setup boxes empty, I was getting the same whitespace.

Simon
If your going to upgrade platformbase as well, obviously its files will be overwritten, so you will have to copy the edits into the new copy. You will have to upgrade it anyway if your going to upgrade the main theme as the version you have is too old.

incitrio
I realize the version of Platform Pro I'm using is outdated, but it's working great except for this one issue. Do you foresee a pile of work to upgrade and re-customize? If I can't be assured it will fix this seemingly minor layout glitch, I'm not really inclined to do it.

Rob
Not too much. It's all detailed here. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/14315/activating-the-correct-theme#Item_1 It's not simply about one thing not working. As time goes by, Wordpress will be updated - They're working on 3.3 already - and your site will quickly begin to deteriorate. It's important to keep both the theme and plugins as well as WP up to date. I think that link will provide you with the instructions needed to make the transition fairly easy.