Sign in to follow this  
rweiss

hard coded facebook share and retweet

rweiss

The site I am working on with Platfrom Pro is a redesign of the site using another theme. On the old theme they had this code in the page.php index.php and home.php so that it would show at the end of all posts and in the excerpts on the front page:

They want this on the new site, but I am not sure where it should go so that it accomplishes the same purpose. I assume the template.postloop.php file in platformbase is one spot - but not sure what line. Rick

Rob
Rick, have you tried one of the hundreds of Facebook and Twitter plugins found at http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins? They should help you do this easily. Additionally, you may be able to add code (provided it's not outdated) from a plugin to one of the child templates or sections, or add a hook in functions.php.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rweiss
I am well aware of the number of plugins available, and each has pros and cons. The biggest con is that every new plugin creates another possibility of conflict and load time issues. The hard coded approach that was used here loaded quickly and worked. The plugins I have tried have all added seconds to the load time.

Jenny
The content sharebar has built-in Facebook and Twitter functions, as well as several others. Have you added it to the pages you want it to display in using PlatformPro -> Template Setup?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

rweiss
Yes I did, but these are different. The client wants these as well as what Platform Pro offers.

Jenny
With PlatformBase as your active theme, you can add custom hooks to functions.php to do what you want. More info can be found here (http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme) as well as within PlatformBase's functions.php file.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

rweiss
Yes, I am aware of this. I was hoping for a little more guidance in how this would be written to make sure it worked in all areas. I'm going to close this discussion. My experience with this forum is that actual coding questions never get answered. I am only told where to do it, but never how.