Sign in to follow this  
puntNL

Add Media to RSS

puntNL

Hi Folks I want to add my posts thumbnail to my rss feed. Therefor I added this code to PP functions.php file: // show post thumbnails in feeds function diw_post_thumbnail_feeds($content) { global $post; if(has_post_thumbnail($post->ID)) { $content = '

' . get_the_post_thumbnail($post->ID) . '
' . $content; } return $content; } add_filter('the_excerpt_rss', 'diw_post_thumbnail_feeds'); add_filter('the_content_feed', 'diw_post_thumbnail_feeds'); This works, however, it adds the published image file of each posts instead of the 150px X 150px thumbnail/featured version image file. Does anybody know how to add the featured image thumbnail in the correct size to the feed?

Simon
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_post_thumbnail

puntNL
Fixed it with help of http://webdesignzo.com/show-featured-images-in-rss-feed-feedburner/ Use this code in your function.php function featuredtoRSS($content) { global $post; if ( has_post_thumbnail( $post->ID ) ){ $content = '' . get_the_post_thumbnail( $post->ID, 'thumbnail', array( 'style' => 'float:left; margin:0 15px 15px 0;' ) ) . '' . $content; } return $content; } add_filter('the_excerpt_rss', 'featuredtoRSS'); add_filter('the_content_feed', 'featuredtoRSS'); Size of the Featured Images: This tip will add featured image with ???thumbnail??? size and it will be shown from the left side of the post excerpt, but you can change it. In the this line: . get_the_post_thumbnail( $post->ID, 'thumbnail' change the word ???thumbnail??? to ???medium???, ???large??? or ???full??? (???full??™ will show the original size of your thumbnail image,