Sign in to follow this  
johnny_n

function PageLinesSection::section_template() must be over-ridden in a sub-class.

johnny_n

So I've created a custom section and created a custom template (http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections). I can add the custom section to that template in the pagelines admin. I can then go into the page (in this case home) in Wordpress and add the new template to that page. When I go to the new homepage and examine the page, elements of my new page there there (divs, etc.) but there is no content --instead, I get the following error: function PageLinesSection::section_template() must be over-ridden in a sub-class. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! [EDIT] What I'm trying to do is to create a completely custom fixed layout in the template area, sandwiched between the pagelines header/nav and footer...

johnny_n
Ok, the template I had created wasn't properly named... so it wasn't being read. Took me ages to figure this out. Hope it helps someone -- no information anywhere one this...

Rob
Hi, can you provide a link so we can see it live? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

johnny_n
It's working -- thank you, as I said above, the template wasn't named properly so it wasn't being read.

Danny
Thanks for letting us know Jonny_n

Please search our forums, before posting!

gobyfish
So what ended up being the solution for this? Tearing my hair out over here.