Sign in to follow this  
abbypanda

Help: Template keeps getting reformatted

abbypanda

I am having a problem with the template. Not sure if some plug ins are interfering or what. But basically sometimes certain pages keep losing the format. Please visit my site and click on "blog". It takes you to a blank page with only 1 link at the top. Previously it hosted my blog on that tap, it retained the normal pagelines format and showed the blog post links below. Suddenly it went to this. no idea why. How can I reverse this??? It has done it before on other pages.

Jenny
What is the link to your site? Also, have you tried disabling ALL of your plugins and see if the issue remains? Erroneous behavior is usually due to plugins.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

abbypanda
abbymalone.com I will try disabling them, but they are for seo. So will I lose all the seo from my posts when I disable?

Jenny
That's really odd. It has to be some sort of plugin or javascript conflict. The only thing showing on the page is "How To Benefit From Jiu Jitsu Classes Benton". You can disable your plugins safely. The data is stored in your database.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

abbypanda
I started deleting them 1 by 1 and it reversed it. i have had this problem in the past and each time I have to delete a plugin. Each plugin has affected a different page separately: once the home page, once the blog, once another. I am wondering if there's an error in my pagelines?

abbypanda
Oh and these plugins arent causing a problem as soon as they are installed, the problem is coming about later. Teh one I just removed has been there since day 1

Jenny
The way to do it would be to deactivate all plugins at once. And then enable them one by one. Other than that, I'm not really sure what the problem could be. I will mark this for the developer's attention.

Danny
When using plugins you have to be very careful, you should always check the to see if their compatible with the current version of Wordpress, if the plugin is still being developed and check when it was last updated. Sometimes there are some plugins that havent been updated in a few years. I recommend you stay away from using them ones, unless its stated it works and also to read the related forum topics for that plugin. May I ask which plugin was causing the error ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

abbypanda
I had to delete several plug ins over time, one was a google +1 and the rest of them were seo ones. I will try to find exactly which ones another was a social media plug in

Rob
A little hint about plugins - sometimes they're developed by young or hobbyist developers who don't followup on the project as they get busy with other things. I agree with Danny, the plugin page should be read thoroughly, making sure there is full compatibility with the latest WP version and that no one has said it is broken. The number of downloads speaks volumes too, as does the version number. One of the plugins I use has been downloaded over 1.7 million times with regular upgrades. The SEO and Google thing doesn't surprise me as lots of people are trying to make their mark by being a developer in either. But a hobby plugin isn't going to last.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

abbypanda
In regards to the loss of formatting, it always revolves around the blog. I have not added or updated anything. I was fiddling with the POSTS page. (labeled "blog" on my site) in the pagelines template editor it allows me to select the template of this page: full width, sidebar, etc. When I select full width no problem. when I select 1 sidebar again I lose all formatting of the entire site. What's the deal?