Sign in to follow this  
LukeB

Attemping to get custom CSS to work

LukeB

Hi im looking to get the following code to work but for some reason it keeps getting ignored by the custom CSS element.style { border: 0 none; clear: both; margin: 0 0 -33px; padding: 0 0 0 0; text-align: right; } The original unedited code is element.style { border: 0 none; clear: both; margin: 0 0 20px; padding: 5px 6px 0 0; text-align: right; } It effects he linkwithin plugin under individual posts like on this page http://www.danceyrselfclean.com/videos/s-c-u-m-faith-unfolds-video Any assistance would be appreciated

catrina
What is the plugin for exactly? I see it in Firebug but I don't see it appearing on the page itself.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

LukeB
Its a linkwthin plugin that shows related content.

catrina
I don't see any related content in the post (only the share bar, tags, and comment area show below the post). Which browser are you using to view your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

LukeB
Odd it works for me using firefox, chrome and IE. Although i have just noticed that if you are using adblock in chrome it blocks a number of elements on our site. It not only blocks the ads but it prevents the feature image slider on the homepage loading along with the linkwithin plugin and a popular content plugin that is usually below the linkwithin one. Is there anyway i can prevent these elements being picked up by the adblocker in chrome. The adblock in firefox seems to allow them.

catrina
Ah, I'm using AdBlock for Firefox. I disabled it and the linkwithin content appeared. Change element.style to [b]div#linkwithin_outer[/b] I haven't seen or heard of any way to prevent certain items from being blocked by AdBlock. There is a plugin called Anit-AdBlock that notifies a user on the eleventh visit that their AdBlock is enabled and they should kindly disable it to support the site, but that's not what you're looking for.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

LukeB
Ok cheers, but that still didnt seem to have any effect either

Rob
1. Do you have PlatformPro or PlatformBase activated? If it's not base activated, please take steps to switch over from PlatformPro to PlatformBase. 2. What effect do you want to achieve by attempting to move something -33 to the left? 3. Your CSS is missing the class to which the element is being styled. Let's try adding [code] #linkwithin_outer element.style { border: 0 none; clear: both; margin: 0 0 20px; padding: 5px 6px 0 0; text-align: right; } [/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

LukeB
My current theme is PlatformBase 1.4.1 No luck with that new CSS. When i edit it with firebug it seems to move the popular content element up closer to the linkwithin element which is what im looking to achieve.

Jenny
You can't use the element.style selector in custom CSS because element.style is just displaying inline CSS for you in Firebug. I don't see any padding or anything for that element, so instead of trying to mess with that one (which uses a lot of inline CSS), why not just move the popular content up? To do that, use the following code in your custom CSS: [code] .nrelate {margin: -30px -6px 0px -2px;} [/code] I also including some additional margin area so your related posts appear on one line instead of wrapping to a second line.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.