Sign in to follow this  
bizint

Trying to place 2.5MB pdf in a post -no problem with 1.8M but anything larger than 2mb is rejected?!

bizint

Hi...when I come to add a post I have a knowledge section where I include links to pdfs for the full article...now I've had no problem with pdf's less than 2mb but there seems to be a limit on the isze of media file I can upload (2MB)...this is a little small for me,,,,anyway to tweak this up a little please?!

Jenny
The 2MB upload limit is a Wordpress setting, not a theme setting. You can find more help with this topic on the Wordpress forums at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-do-i-change-my-upload-limit. Alternatively, you can make the file a smaller size by compressing it.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

bizint
I've seen those articles and I'm sure they're missing the point....anyway I got round it by uploading the file using ftp to the same place that the media upload would have done ...then created a simple hyperlink from the post to the file ....it was a bit of a faff...but not often will have files bigger than 2mb so its done!

Rob
Glad you were able to resolve that with a clever work-around.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
PHP by default has a 2m POST limit for form data, your host would have to adjust in php.ini