Sign in to follow this  
weltraumaffe

How to change image size @ Feature Slider

weltraumaffe

Hi there, I have a problem with the feature slider. I tried a lot and ending with a suboptimal solution. Perhaps you can help me... I want to have 50% of the space for the text and 50% for the image. The thing with the text works well, but i can't get the images scaled down to the 50% and aligned to the right :-( So i ended up with creating manual feature images with 1000px x 250px: half black, half image (as you can see on http://www.maenner-style.de ). So the real image is two times bigger than it needs to be. is there a smart solution for this? it should look like my "faked solution". i hope you understand my problem. i'm sorry for my bad english knowledge -.-

Jenny
What you are doing actually works out well. As an alternative, you could have just the image uploaded as half size and change some CSS around. Since your site is different now, it's a little hard to tell you what CSS you would need to change. The only thing I see in your current CSS code that stands out is [code]#feature_slider .fmedia { width: 67%; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

weltraumaffe
i also need to move the image (500px x 250px) to the right side but i dont get it to work :-(

Rob
The easiest way to do this is to create a new image that's full sized (max width of your slider) and embed the picture you want on the right side, leaving the unwanted space either black or with transparency. Replace the image you have with the new one you create and you are guaranteed alignment precisely where you want it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

weltraumaffe
that's what i did... but the image is two times bigger than needed... i want a userfriendly, fast, solution...

catrina
I'm viewing your site on Firefox and the images appear to be the correct size. Was the issue resolved?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

weltraumaffe
actually i'm faking the image.... hoped on a fast and easy solution from you :-(

Jenny
Like I said above, if you place a normal sized image in the feature, then we can help you adjust the CSS to make it display right.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
You may also find this similar thread useful: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/14936/align-small-images-within-feature#Item_7

Rob
My apologies for misunderstanding you. Actually, your English was perfect. It was my reading that was off. It is often very difficult to find images you want sized to fit into sliders that are very wide. What I've done in past has been to crop a large image to a portion that sends the message I want. For example, if I want a picture of a beef steak, I may find only a very large picture that's very large (3000px wide). I resize it to the width I want (1000px wide), the crop from that the beef steak, leaving out all the extra components, such as potatoes and vegetables. There's no easy solution to this. You cannot crop an image and in Wordpress, you'll find it very difficult to increase the size of a smaller picture to a larger one. The images blur. The only ways are what you're already doing or cropping larger images.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur