Sign in to follow this  
cerberus

Palatform Pro Sidebar moved to below Content

cerberus

Hi, Im running PlatformPro 1.5.3, and every now and then for no apparent reason the sidebar moves to below the main page content, it stays on post pages, its just the main page that moves, I emailed Pagelines and Danny H said to post on here as it may be a CSS issue, As per his recommnedations i disabled the W3 Total Cache plugin, cleared my browser cache and refeshed the page but the sidebar is still below the main content.. Im stuck as to why this is happening.. Pete

Rob
Pete, could you provide a link to your site? Thanks!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cerberus
Hi Rangelone, yeah sure, Its http://experienced-gamers.com

Rob
Great. Thanks. I'll look.

Rob
Did you change the thumbnail size by any chance? Normally, in magazine mode, the first full width group uses a 150x150px thumb, while the 2 column posts have a 40x40px. I've seen people increase the size from 40 to as much as 100 safely, but your thumbs are huge and they're throwing off the div. If you look at each post, the thumb is pressing against the title, sort of 'squishing' it (as my teen daughter would say). As it all gets pressed against the maximum allowed space, it bleeds over, pressing the sidebar below to accommodate the padding. We need to resize the images in the magazine format back to a max of 100px.

cerberus
Hi RangeLone, Thanks for having a look for me, In all honesty I cannot remember changing image sizes, It may have been done before we started using Pagelines themes, Where would i change the size? Thanks again Rangelone

Rob
This could have been done by the addition of a plugin or, if you edited one or more of the templates or possibly added a hook. Have you added any Custom CSS lately?

cerberus
Hi Rangelone, Ive not modified any CSS, But we have a plugin called "max images Size Control", I've just looked in there and the thumbs are set at 250, Ive changed them to 100, The Settings>Media>Thumbs was also set to 250, I can only assume that this was done by a prior theme's support dept, as cannot remember changing anything.. Thanks Rangelone

cerberus
Thinking about it, We were running on vBulletin until 5-6 weeks ago, when I was fed up with vBulletin Suite being slow and bloated, We changed over to WP and had a company copy all of our content from VB to WP, they may have kept the images the same size as they were on VB.. Is it just a case of changing the thumbnail sizes, or will I have to change anything else??

Rob
I'd suggest deactivating that image plugin entirely and see if the problem goes away. At present, looking at the site, there's been no improvement.

Rob
I'm going to bump this to a developer who may be more experienced than I am with conversions. I suspect that there may be something written into your database causing this problem if the conversion didn't strip out bad code. Meanwhile, since you paid that company, I'd address this issue with them. And don't let them charge ya for it!

Rob
You should check this: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fexperienced-gamers.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0 ... and then discuss the results with the company making that change for you.