Sign in to follow this  
onepace

Feature only on Homepage + Sidebar Next to It

onepace

Okay, I must have read 20 posts on this and I still can't get it to work. URL: http://www.3dlaptopworld.com I currently set up a page called "Home" and made my front page static, left my front page on "select" and my blog page as "Home". Then I went to my Template Setup and put the "Feature" and "Boxes" on "Post Page". Then I input the following CSS under the "Custom Code" tab. .home #feature-area {width:600px!important;height:240px!important; } .home #sidebar-wrap {margin-top: -310px; } However, my feature is still full length on the home page and there is no sidebar next to it :( How can I fix this?

Danny
Hi Onepace, I would really recommend installing Firebug, you would of found your issue in seconds and not of had to go through the 20 posts. :D The reason why your code didn't work is because your front page was left on select and your using blog page. So your body is using the class called "blog" and not "home" and thats why your code hasn't worked. You use the .home before the CSS code only when you have created a static page and set this to the front page. Try this instead: [code] .blog #feature-area {width:600px!important;height:240px!important; } .blog #sidebar-wrap {margin-top: -310px; } [/code] On another note, I think you may run into a few problems here and there, if you plan on using boxes under your Feature slider. I haven't seen anyone before I don't think attempt to bring the sidebar aligned with the features, when it has boxes underneath it. You should definetely give it and post your results so I can check it out, I'd be interested to see it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

onepace
Danny you were right. Your code worked, but the boxes are not aligned. Any idea what I can do to align the boxes? Right now I have 3 boxes under the feature, thinking about trying to do 2 rows of 2, but still need some code to limit how far right they go. Any ideas?

Jenny
I'm not sure what you mean when you say the boxes are not aligned. How do you want them aligned? They look nice and even on my screen. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Rob
You should read this. It works http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12458/featured-slider-width-a-solution#Item_42

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

onepace
Sorry I had changed the code back by the time you guys looked at it, so it probably did look aligned. I think I'm going to go another route. Thanks.

Rob
That's okay. I hope our slider still works for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur