Sign in to follow this  
NearlyJen

Footer Logo Link

NearlyJen

Hi! I've read all relevant threads and I still need a little help. I'm trying to change the footer logo link, not the pagelines logo link. I've found what I need to change in section.footer_nav.php but can't seem to hardcode in the url I want. Yes, I'm changing it in Base, having copied the file over from Pro. Do I need to delete the file from Pro? Here is the code. Can someone help me figure out what to do with it so that the link is to www.pnais.org? Our site is www.eastsideprep.org and the logo is bottom left:

<?php if(pagelines_option('footer_logo') && VPRO):?> <?php bloginfo('name');?> <?php else:?>

<?php bloginfo('name');?>

<?php endif;?>

Lapsed vagabond and reformed ne'er-do-well.

Nice to meet you. 

kastelic
Change this: [code] href="" [/code] to this: [code] href="http://yoursite.com" [/code]

NearlyJen
Yep, that's what I had already tried. It doesn't change a thing. This is why I was wondering if I need to delete the Pro file? Or if there is some other function happening somewhere I am missing? If you go to www.eastsideprep.org you can see that the PNAIS logo still goes home instead of to www.pnais.org.

Nice to meet you. 

kastelic
Did you change the link in both locations within that chunk of text? Alternatively, here is a jQuery solution. Paste this in Custom Code -> Footerscripts: [code] [/code]

NearlyJen
Yes to the first question - changed the link in both locations to no avail. I've now pasted to code above into the Custom Code --> Footer Scripts and it isn't working. I have someone suggesting that the Pagelines method of overriding pages isn't working for the footer like it is in other places. I'm not certain what this means but he says I should mention it.

Nice to meet you. 

kastelic
I don't see that script showing up in your footer, are you sure you don't have caching enabled? Maybe try it in headerscripts, as I do see one js error on the page that may be causing it to fail.

NearlyJen
Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly, because this has been driving me mad. It does look look like an error on the page is causing the script to fail, so now we should be able to fix that and get it working with the jQuery script you sent. Thank you thank you.

Nice to meet you. 

kastelic
I am so sorry, i see there is a typo in the script, it should be like this: [code] [/code]