Sign in to follow this  
webservices

Platform Pro, load balanced environment, Uploader not working

webservices

I was trying Platform Pro for the first time on our load-balanced production environment. It works fine on my local testing environment (iMac), but fails on our production servers. BTW, on our production servers, blogs.dir is on a shared volume that WordPress can write to. Under Global Options, I try both the "Custom Header Image" and the "Favicon Image." The Upload Image button shows the animated ellipses, then displays a broken image on the diagonal pinstripe background. When I try to save any options, such as the Global Options or the checkboxes under Misc Settings, the translucent gray "Saving..." overlay pops up, but does not go away. The settings are not saved. Is the Platform Pro script trying to save to a temporary location that it does not have write access to?

Rob
Wordpress tries to write to wp-content/uploads which must be CHMODed to 777 on some servers, 755 on others. Other than that, I can't think of anything that would prevent uploading images. I've bumped this to the developers as I'm not skilled with server management issues.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
Can you upload an image with the wordpress media button? PlatformPro uses the same function to upload images, but the wordpress UI might give you some feedback.

webservices
The WordPress media button did work just fine. ??¦and today the uploader is working fine as well. The problems seems to have resolved itself once my colleague cleared APC cache on the server this morning. So the problem was not with the theme, it was temporarily with our server. Sorry for that. I did recently update from PP 1.5.2 to 1.5.3, and it is possible the older version was the cached version.