Sign in to follow this  
techno13

How to remove the need for visitors to input their name,email when commenting

techno13

Hi guys i am using Iblogpro4 and i have a lack of comments on my blog, part of it is the need to key in so much information just to comment.How can i remove the need for viewers to have to input their name,email. I only need them to choose an avatar,comment and the captcha.hence making things simpler. Thank you in advance, and be gentle with me if my request entails some technical work :) regards Clive @ Technology Malta

bryan-hadaway

Nope, this is a very simple WordPress Setting. From your WordPress Admin, navigate to: Settings > Discussion Then find: Comment author must fill out name and e-mail, uncheck that box and save. Thanks, Bryan

techno13

Sorry if have not made my query clearer, i have selected already that option and saved but still there is this requirement on my blog for name & email. What could cause this ?..I thank you in advance for helping. Technology Malta

cmunns

It doesn't work if you have "show gravatars" selected bc gravatars rely on email information.

techno13

Hi, i have gone to settings > Discussion and have de-selected the Gravatar option, and have de-selected the option of people having to put their name and email. but still the requirement is visible on the blog :S.. I am stuck :S hope this helps and hope you can advise further.thank you

bryan-hadaway

I think I might understand what's happening, you'd like to hide the fields altogether is that right? What we've done is made it so they are NOT required, so even though they are showing the user doesn't have to use them to post a comment. So, if you don't want them to appear at all, here is what I'll have you do, from your WordPress Admin, please navigate to: Appearance > Editor > Comments (comments.php) find this code and remove it and save:

<p><input type="text" name="author" id="author" value="<?php echo $comment_author; ?>" size="22" tabindex="1" <?php if ($req) echo "aria-required='true'"; ?> />
			<label for="author"><small><?php _e('Name', TDOMAIN);?> <?php if ($req) _e('(required)', TDOMAIN); ?></small></label></p>
		<p><input type="text" name="email" id="email" value="<?php echo $comment_author_email; ?>" size="22" tabindex="2" <?php if ($req) echo "aria-required='true'"; ?> />
			<label for="email"><small><?php _e('Mail (will not be published)', TDOMAIN);?> <?php if ($req) _e('(required)', TDOMAIN); ?></small></label></p>
And you might want to go ahead and remove the URL field too:
		<p><input type="text" name="url" id="url" value="<?php echo $comment_author_url; ?>" size="22" tabindex="3" />
			<label for="url"><small><?php _e('Website', TDOMAIN);?></small></label></p>

Thanks, Bryan

techno13

thank you once again,and thank you for being quick to reply. I have done what you have suggested and it is exactly what i had wanted to do,my blog is starting to look great with these little tweaks here and there. Best Regards Clive @ Technology Malta

bryan-hadaway

Good to hear. Thanks, Bryan