Sign in to follow this  
christycollins

Placing an photo on a Post...

christycollins

Very simple question, but it continues to haunt me. I want to place a photo on a page and put three or four sentences under it in a typical blog type post. I want the photo justified left and the type underneath it. The only way, it seems, to do this is to insert photo left and space, space, space until you get the type underneath the picture. There has to be a better way. Here's what I want it to look like: http://www.thesartorialist.com/ and here's mine: http://www.christycollins.com/?p=1644 HELP. I know this is simple, but I can't get this one down.

christycollins
Does this possibly have to do with the Site Design Mode in the DESIGN CONTROL in the Platform Settings. Currently I do not have any of the three selected.

christycollins
THIS IS WHAT I DONT HAVE SELECTED: Full-Width Mode With Canvas This design mode has a full-width page area, and a canvas area behind your content that can be controlled seperately. Full-Width Mode Full width design mode allows you to have aspects of your site that are the full-width of your screen; while others are the width of the content area. Fixed-Width Mode Fixed width design mode creates a fixed with "page" that can be used as the area for your design. You can set a background to the page; and the content will have a seperate "fixed-width" background area (i.e. the width of the content).

kastelic
When you insert a photo in your blog you have the option of "left" , "right" "center" or "none". If you pick "none" the words after it will go below it rather than to the right of it.

christycollins
Yes but it puts the photo in the center and not on the left. ??

catrina
You must put "left" or add this code manually inside the img tag: [code]align="left"[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

christycollins
I will try that, but when you align left in the settings, it pushes all of the text to the right of the photo/image. I want it underneath, like the example in the satorialist.com, link shown above.

christycollins
That doesn't work. This is what I get http://www.christycollins.com/?p=988

catrina
Make sure there is "align=none" in the img tag and add breaks between the image and the text like so: [code]

TEXT[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

christycollins
Ok, when you say, "add this code manually inside the img tag: ", where is that actually. In the post page?

christycollins
Do you mean in the HTML of the post's page?

christycollins
THis is the html for the two images, currently...

christycollins
So I just change alignnone to alignleft?

christycollins
I get the same thing, text on the right of the images/

Danny
Hi Christy, You could try this, insert you image as normal, using the align left option just above the inset into post button. Once that is done, you should have your image code looking like this (below is an example): [code] [/code] Once you have done this, add this snippet of code below the image: [code]
[/code] Then add your text, so it should look something like: IMAGE
TEXT Let me know if this worked for you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

christycollins
Is this correct?
The text about the photo goes here. The text about the photo goes here.

catrina
You can change the class to just "alignleft" instead of "alignleft size-full wp-image-990"

Designer | Catrina Dulay

christycollins
I can't seem to make that work. When I add
, to the html, like you suggested, it deletes that code after I switch back and forth from the visual tab. ?? It seems like it should be simple to insert a photo, align it left and then make the text sit underneath the left justified photo. I'm missing something here.

catrina
It's a WordPress-related issue where the editor automatically strips out any code that it's unable to recognize. Have you already tried leaving it out altogether and checking to see if the code still works?

Designer | Catrina Dulay