Sign in to follow this  
mystylist

Site header and menus- how do I add my logo to the navigation menu on all pages (except home page)

mystylist

Hi Everyone, I'm having problems adding my logo to the navigation menu on all pages (except the home page) The other problem I have is that the primary, and secondary menu are not in alignment, and are not formatted in the same manner. Is there a way I can fix this? I've been using Firebug, but it is not assisting me in these problems. Thanks in advance! PS My website is in early stages, and needs proper images- the images on the site are just mock images. www.mystylistgroup.com Wordpress 3.2.1 Mac OX

Danny
Hi Mystylist, To remove your logo from you Homepage only use the following code: [code] .home img.mainlogo-img { display: none; } [/code] When you say that your primary and secondary menus are not aligned and not formatted in the same manner do you mean you want them to have a similar style ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

mystylist
Hi Danny, Thanks for your response. Sorry for the miscommunication, but I don't want to remove the logo from my Home page (I am happy with the Home page,) I want to add the logo to the left hand side of the navigation menu on all pages (except the home page) so that that the logo aligns with the navigation menu. Currently, the logo is centred on all pages, below the navigation menus. Regarding the Primary and Secondary menus- the Primary menu is indented further than the Secondary menu (the difference is only small, but it's noticeable) You'll notice that when you hover over each subject in the menu, the Primary menu has a black font and shadow hover effect; whereas the Secondary menu has a pink font hover effect, but no shadow. Ideally I want the Primary menu hover effect (black font and shadow) for both menus. Is this possible? Many thanks for your help!

catrina
Logo Placement To clarify, you would like the navigation menu items to be pushed to the right to make room for the logo on the left? Do you want the logo to be resized smaller or remain the same size? To change the secondary menu's colors, add this to Custom Code > Custom CSS: [code]ul#menu-city-menu li#menu-item a:hover {color: #000; background-color: #F1F1F1;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mystylist
Hi Caterina, Thank you for your response. Sorry, I haven't been very clear.. Yes, I would like the navigation menu to be pushed to the right to make room for the logo on the left. I would like the logo to be resized to a smaller size (the same size as the navigation bar, so that the logo and menus align.) Thanks for providing the code, I just entered it into the Custom Code- Custom CSS area of the site, but it didn't work.. Do you have any other ideas? Thank you so so much for your help, I really appreciate it :)

Jenny
Have you tried using the BrandNav Section in the Site Header of Template Setup? It has a built-in mini logo next to the navigation.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mystylist
Hi, Thanks for your response. I just tried using the Brand Nav section in the Site Header of the Template set-up, but it affects my home page. Also, the settings of the Brand Nav sent my whole navigation out of whack. I'll keep playing around with the settings, and hopefully it will work out. However if anyone else out there has other suggestions, I'd love to know!

catrina
I went to your website again to inspect the code but it says the page cannot be found.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mystylist
Hi Catrina, Sorry about that, try it now..

Danny
I think the best way to do this would be to you the Brandnav section like Simple_Mama suggested and then create a new page template for your Homepage and add the individual sections you wish to use to that template. When you go to your page editor to create your homepage, you can tick which sections you wish to hide, simply tick the Brannav section and that will hide that section for that page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mystylist
Great thank you so much Danny, I will follow your suggestions. Thank you everybody for your help and suggestions. I'll let you know how I go. xx

mystylist
Hey Guys, I've taken on your suggestions, but the the BrandNav is not doing it for me. The formatting is really out of whack, and I can't seem to add a secondary menu to display in the BrandNav. When I switch from Site Branding to BrandNav I lose the social networking buttons at the top of the page too. Is there anyway around this? If not, is there a way to use my current set up, but make the Site Branding section more narrow? I'd be able to live with the Site Branding settings if I can make it smaller. Also, there is a large grey sidebar that has appeared on my site. I have all sidebar function/templates etc turned off, and I don't know how else to fix it. My site is going live on Friday, so I need all the help I can get! Thanks again for your time!

catrina
There is a way to make the site branding section more narrow by adding this code to Custom Code > Custom CSS: [code]div.branding_wrap {height: 100px;}[/code] The grey bar on the side of your site is the background color. The website stretched because the main logo image in your header is extremely wide. Is there a way for your to get rid of the white space on the right side of the image? That way, you can re-upload the image and the extra grey space can disappear.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mystylist
Catrina, you are amazing. Thank you so so much! I've been going around the bend!!!

rentason
how do you apply styling to the brand nav menu li's