Sign in to follow this  
msialaska

Default Sidebars in Admin Area - How to remove them

msialaska

Upon clicking 'Widgets' in the CMS you are given about 10 default sidebars created by PlatformPro but I don't need about 7 of them and I think it will just add confusion for our client. Is there a way to remove the ones that we aren't using (which file are you registering the sidebars in). Thanks.

catrina
I'm not sure if it's possible for an admin to delete these widgets, but it's still possible for them to remain deactivated. If there it is possible to delete the widgets, perhaps someone else might have more insight about that.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

msialaska
It's definately possible, as you can register them, so somewhere in their framework they are. I guess I could do a mass search but I was trying to avoid that.

Rob
If you're talking about the Widgets area under Appearance, that is not a Platform or Pagelines construct. That is Wordpress. Removing the widget options there is something I believe you may need to address directly with them or search for a plugin that will hide them from users. Some plugins will actually hide the Appearance section (and others) entirely.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur