Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

Button formatting

antonyw

I have BP buttons that are causing me some fomratting problems: see www.slave2design.com/register I can inspect element no problem, I can even change the layout with firebug to make it look how i want but then finding the correct code to paste into my custom code section is a bit of a nightmare. Do i need a prefix to point to the bp css file....? or something like that Thanks in advance for any help

catrina
Here's custom code: [code]input.signup_submit {font-family: font; font-size: #px; background-color: color;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
Perhaps Catrina didn't quite explain that with enough detail. For font-family: [b]font[/b]; you need to change the word in bold to the font you want. Something like 'Georgia,serif' or 'Arial, sans-serif'. For font-size: #px; you should be setting a numeric value in place of the pound sign. Hence it might look like font-size: 10px; . For background-color: color; you should be saying something like: background-color: dark red; or background color: #C00000; Sorry for the lack of clarity. Can you try these changes and let us know? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

antonyw
ok i will take a look although my issue is with the margin, padding and box colours

antonyw
ok tried it but didnt make any difference

Danny
Hi Antonyw, I had a look and I could change it in Firebug like you said, not sure if our code was the same, so I posted mine below, along with a screenshot of what it looked like. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/E8xPu.jpg[/IMG] To remove the strange background and border, I used this code below. This will also make it appear to the left, if you prefer to have the button on the right, change float: left; to float: right; [code] #signup_form.standard-form div.submit { background: ntransparent; border: 0 none; float: left; } [/code] [code] .standard-form div.submit input { background: #222222; border: 1px solid #333333; color: #FF0000; margin-right: 15px; padding: 8px 10px; text-shadow: 0 0 1px #000000; } [/code] Of course, if this works, you will have to change the colors to match your site, I only used them for this example. Let me know if resolved the issue or not.

Please search our forums, before posting!

antonyw
excellent - thanks for that - i will have a go

antonyw
unfortunately that did not work either - i have the bp template pack disabled - would that make a difference?

Danny
Hi Antonyw, I have changed the code slightly, lets see if this works: [code] #signup_form.standard-form div.submit { background: ntransparent; border: 0 none !important; float: left !important; } [/code] [code] .standard-form div.submit input { background: #222222 !important; border: 1px solid #333333 !important; color: #FF0000 !important; margin-right: 15px !important; padding: 8px 10px !important; text-shadow: 0 0 1px #000000 !important; } [/code] Replace the code I gave you before with this and let me know if that works.

Please search our forums, before posting!