Sign in to follow this  
claire

change video thumbnail

claire

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can change the embeded video thumbnail? Thank you!

catrina
From what I've read on Google support, YouTube thumbnails can't be changed for videos uploaded by other users but there's probably a hack somewhere on the web. Are these video thumbnails you're trying to customize for videos that you uploaded?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

claire
I am trying to figure out whether the video player used in the platform can use a thumbnail of my choice. I've seen players with a parameter that allows you to point to any image as the thumbnail. Youtube allows (limited) choices of thumbnails but I am trying to do it from the embedding end, not Youtube's end. Thanks for your help though.

Rob
I believe the only way would be to stop the video, take a snapshot of your screen (Shift + PrtScn) and manually crop and edit the image to 30x50px or whatever size you want. Have you looked for any plugins that might help with this? http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur