Sign in to follow this  
voidcomp

Sub Nav Question

voidcomp

Hello. I have a navigation menu, and unearth is the secondary nav. In the secondary nav I would like to include the parent page, along with the child page. Is this possible? If so, how can i active this? Many thanks.

catrina
Do you mean that you want to include the parent page along with its child pages showing in a menu on mouseover?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

voidcomp
Hi Catrina, thanks for responding :) Sorry I wasn't very clear. There is an option to Use Child Pages For Secondary Nav. Underneath the main nab, links to other child pages are displayed. I would like to display the parent page in the Secondary Nav, so all relevant pages are shown. Including the current page. Eventually I would like the current page to be in bold but one battle at a time. Hope this makes more sense. Jim.

catrina
You can create a Custom Menu using Appearance > Menus (with the parent links and child links you want) and set it as the secondary navigation.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

voidcomp
Catrina. Thank you... love the site btw, and your design work. Keep it up. James.

voidcomp
Oh... as Colombo would say just one more thing... If I wanted the current page to be in bold or stand out, how can this be done?

Rob
I believe custom CSS is needed, but I'm unclear how that would be done. One thing... bold letters are wider and could knock your secondary menu out of alignment.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur