Sign in to follow this  
ingoalmag

magazine layout headline links not working

ingoalmag

I'm using a magazine layout at http://ingoalmag.com the full width posts work fine but for the half-width posts the linked thumbnail image clicks through to the posts as expected while the headline...which appears to be clickable (cursor changes)...but when we click on them, nothing happens. Any Thoughts? I've tried switching from 2 to 3 full width posts to see if it has something to do with the specific full width post before the half width posts ... but the behaviour remains.

Danny
Hi Ingoalmag, You're using PlatformPro version 1.3.5, update to the latest version and this may resolve your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ingoalmag
upgraded last night...no change...I don't have to upgrade BASE as well, do I?

Jenny
If PlatformBase is your active theme, then yes, you should upgrade that as well. make sure you export your settings first. If that doesn't work, then disable all plugins and enable one-by-one until it works. Most of the time, weird issues like this are caused by a plugin conflict.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ingoalmag
Well the pagelines documentation says not to upgrade base or that would defeat the purpose of a child theme....so what to do? Yes, I know how. At any rate...I've discovered the issues lies in Wp-settings.php There is a line: set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); When I installed a new plugin (wp auction) it threw an error I saw in firebug....saying set_magic_quotes_runtime is deprecated in php 5.3 a few searches suggested simply commenting out this line...yes, I imagined that was dangerous but tried anyway. With this line commented out apparently nothing changed....except the half width headline links on my front page didn't work anymore. So I now have platform working again with the comment removed....but my other plugin no longer works... Not sure what all this means but perhaps it would be interesting to the development team t some level. Thanks for the help folks.

Danny
Hi InGoalMag, So the issue was related to the plugin wp-aution ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

ingoalmag
Not exactly. wp-auction drew my attention to the problem. It didn't handle the deprecated code gracefully. When I "fixed" wp-settings...once by removing the offending code, once by adding in the changed code from the upcoming wordpress release...platform had the problem I described. To be clear...this happened with wp-auction disabled. So while I'm no expert by any means this small test would tell me there may be a platform issue when the next release of wordpress comes out soon.