Sign in to follow this  
xtrme

phantom linked image

xtrme

I am moving my site to a new server. Platform Pro is still trying to load the header logo image from my old site even though I have deleted it and replaced it with a totally new image. This is severely slowing the site down. I've tested it through Pingdom.com and when I put in another template, the site loads quickly but when I activate Platform Pro, it gets hung up on this one image. I have downloaded all the template files and done a find on the file name but it doesn't exist in any of the css or php files. Any suggestions?

Kate
It's not under Settings->Global Options? All of these sorts of settings are store in the DB, not the theme files. If you're not seeing it in Settings->Global Options (which would be strange), you can do a search of the database using a tool like phpMyAdmin.

xtrme
No the file is definitely not visible in Settings Global Options. I have deleted it and replaced it with a new file (which is visible) so that part is fine, but there is still a hidden instruction to load the original image from the old server. It's really slowing the site down. I'll see if I can find the command in the database.

Rob
Download and activate this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search-and-replace/ Visit your site and right click over the errant image. Do a View Image Info (depending on your browser) and copy the URL for the image. In Dashboard > Tools > Search and Replace, paste the URL and have it search for that URL. It will tell you precisely where it is. Now open a Notepad and paste the URL once more. Go to your Dashboard > Media > Library and see if the new image you want is there. If it's not, click Add New. Copy the URL of the new image and paste it into the Notepad. If it is there, View and again, copy the URL and paste it into Notepad. Go back to Tools > Search and Replace. Go back to the Notepad and copy the errant URL. Paste this in the search criteria. Back at Notepad, copy the new image URL and paste it in Search and Replace as the item to replace the searched item with. Run Search and Replace. This will edit any reference to the errant image URL in the database.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur