Sign in to follow this  
nbifest11

Feature slider not pulling blog post images in

nbifest11

I just installed PlatformPro and I'm having a hard time getting the feature slider on the homepage to pull in blog images. I've got the feature box set to pull in the blog posts, but nothing's happening. I'm running the latest version of both the base and the child theme.

Danny
Hi Nbifest11, When using the Feature slider to pull the info from your Blog posts category, you need to add the feature slider meta settings, have you done this? When creating or editing a post, if you scroll down the page, you should come to the Pagelines Meta Settings, now there should also be another section below it called "Feature Setup Options", in there you need to add the information like text position, feature background image and so on. If you can't see the the Feature Setup Options, then scroll up to the top of the page and in the top right hand corner you should see "Screen Options", click that and a drop down appears, make sure you have "Feature Setup Options" ticked.

Please search our forums, before posting!

nbifest11
Thanks, Danny. I've now got the image in the feature slider. However, even with the post link in the box marked "Feature Link URL", there is no link from anywhere on the image. Do I need to just hard code that into the HTML box? That's the only place I've seen it enable linking to an image from the home slider. Thanks, Rob

nbifest11
FYI, the site I'm working on is http://boldaslove.us

Danny
Hi Nbifest, In the Feature slider settings, where you uploaded your Features background image, there should be the following settings too, this will add a button to your feature slider that links to your post. Feature Link URL Adding a URL here will add a link to your feature slide Link Text Enter the text you would like in your feature link Navigation Label Enter the title you would like to appear when the feature nav mode is set to feature names These settings should be the last 3 in the Feature Setup Options. However if you would like your Feature Sliders to be full width and link to your post, then follow this guide. http://adammunns.com/create-a-fullwidth-clickable-feature-slider/

Please search our forums, before posting!