Sign in to follow this  
whatdadizzle

Pros page

whatdadizzle

How can I make my soap box page look like your pros page?

catrina
The soapboxes can be adjusted using CSS to recreate a similar appearance. Can you please post a link to your soapbox page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

whatdadizzle
http://www.whatdadizzle.com/nightlife-2/

Danny
Hi Whatdadizzle, Can you give this a try, there may well be some errors but not sure. Could you add the code to your Platform Settings --> Custom Code --> CSS Rules: [code] .page-id-6862 #soapbox .fboxinfo { border: 5px solid #FFFFFF; box-shadow: 0 0 3px 1px #EEEEEE; margin-top: 5px; padding: 0; } .page-id-6862 .fboxtitle { background: #F5F5F5; padding: 1em 1.5em; } .page-id-6862 .fboxtext { background: #F5F5F5; border-bottom: 1px solid #FFFFFF; padding: 0 1.5em; } .page-id-6862 .soapbox-links { background: #EEEEEE; border: 1px solid #E5E5E5; height: 35px; padding: 0.5em 1em 0; width: auto; } [/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

whatdadizzle
Hey Danny! Thanks for the code. I implemented it on the page. Check it out. http://www.whatdadizzle.com/nightlife-2/ I think there may be some errors because there aren't any frames.

Danny
Hi Whatdadizzle, Sorry about that, I've updated the code above, can you please replace what you currently have with the new code and let me know if that works. Thanks

whatdadizzle
Thanks Danny! Last question... I think. This might be simple but how do I get a frame around the club logo without adding a caption? Second this is when I try to add a url to the image, it's not working, is it something in the code?

Danny
For the frame around the image, add this to your code, chang the colors to your preferred choice. [code] .page-id-6862 .fboxtext img { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FF0000; border: 1px solid #000000; padding: 5px; } [/code] To add a link to an image, you would normally use something like: [code] [/code]

whatdadizzle
Danny, I used the first code and don't see the border. Check the page so you can see for yourself. In regards to the image, I want to make sure I'm understanding this. The club image is in the sandbox. So are you saying I need to click the html tab and insert one of those tags or both of those tags to the image?

Danny
Hi Whatdadizzle, When you say you dont see the border, am I right in thinking you mean around the actual "Club Information". If that is correct I have change the code again in my first reply, so replace all that you currently have with the updated code. Regarding your image would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of your setup so I can properly show you how to add the code?

whatdadizzle
No, I just mean the border around the actual club logo. I know how to take a screen shot, but I do not know how to post it here or I would show you.

catrina
You can post the screenshot here by uploading the screen shot to imgur.com, copying the full image URL, and pasting it between [ img ] and [ /img ] tags (remove the spaces from the img tags).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

whatdadizzle
I hope this is the setup you are referring to. [img]http://i.imgur.com/vArcB.png[/img]

Danny
Hi whatdadizzle. Would it be possible for you to send me a PM, with account details to your site so I can take a closer look please ?

whatdadizzle
PM? If that means "personal message," send me a message here: TirrellSmith@WhatDaDizzle.com

Jenny
Hi @whatdadizzle. Danny means to send him a message through PageLines. Just click on his name and click "Send Danny a Message" on the right.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Danny
Hi Whatdadizzle, I have a look at your site and I didn't add the code as there was a autosave message, so I left it as it was but I added the code and then took a screenshot to show you what you need to add and where in-order to make the images link to a page/post/external site ect... The code has been highlighted in yellow to make it easier for you. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/m5gRR.jpg[/IMG] So all you need to do is wherever you have an image in a post/page/box that you want to become a link, you simply add this code before where your Image HTML begins, before this [/code] The once that has been added and you have added your link, you will need to add this [code] [/code] So lets take your first box "Mario??™s Double Daughter??™s Salotto" for example the code at the moment looks like this: [code] [/code] Now adding the changes I mentioned above, your final code should look like this: [code] [/code] Once this is has been completed, we can then move onto adding the border to the images.

whatdadizzle
Thanks Danny. I added the code. Ready for the next step. Thanks for being so thorough.

Danny
Hi Whatdadizzle, Right to add a border around your image, you will need to add a class to the link, I have an example below. When you add the code for the link add this to it. [code] class="clubbox" [/code] So that it looks like this: [code] [/code] Now add this to your Custom CSS and this should work. [code].clubbox img { background: #FF0000; border: 1px solid #000000; padding: 5px; } [/code] Let me know if this works or you or not.

whatdadizzle
Ok, so I added the code, but there seems to be a problem with adding images to soapboxes now. For the LODO image, it's showing up, but when you click it you'll get a 404 error. In the sandbox... it's missing. On Firefox, there are about 3 images that repeat the same process. You're free to check the code. To give you some insight, I don't really understand why I'd have to wrap the image again with this: When I wrapped the image in the past without the "class="clubbox" So, when I added this to my custom CSS section: .clubbox img { background: #FF0000; border: 1px solid #000000; padding: 5px; } the frame around the images appeared and still appear regardless of if I add this: href="PUT YOUR LINK HERE" class="club box"> to the image or not. Go see what I mean.
Danny
OK, I thought the frame around the images wasn't appearing thats why I suggested adding the new code, I misunderstood you. Please remove the class="clubbox" from the links HTML, its not needed and remove the clubbox CSS too as that is not needed either. If there is any other problems, let me know.