Sign in to follow this  
rachaelm

Problem with Theme Setting Import

rachaelm

I am having trouble with an import of my previously exported theme settings. It does the import, but the settings that should be there are not there. Specifically I had several custom CSS code bits, I can open the .dat file and see them. But when I do the import they are not placed in the Platform Pro Custom CSS section. For the export and import, it is the same server, host, theme version (1.5) and everything. I simply did an export and then played around with the settings and was trying to go back. I have tried upgrading to the latest 1.5.3 to the theme and it did not help.

Jenny
Are they in the style.css stylesheet (WP -> Appearance -> Editor)? I don't know why it wouldn't be working but another alternative would be to copy/paste into style.css in PlatformBase.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

rachaelm
No, they are in the Platform Pro, Custom Code, CSS rules section. I can seem them in the .dat file if I open it up, but those settings are NOT going in when I do the import. It is some kind of bug.

Simon
css rules are included in the dat file. Did you edit the file at all?

Jenny
I have requested developer attention for this.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

rachaelm
No, I didn't edit the file, just looked at it to confirm the CSS rules were in the .dat file. When I import the .dat file, I don't get any error message, it looks like things are fine, but nothing seems to be actually imported.

rachaelm
I didn't even look in the .dat file till after I figured out the import wasn't working properly.

kastelic
Do all the other settings upload fine, is it just the CSS that is not importing? Is the CSS valid? Any typos or