Sign in to follow this  
cre8plenty

Cannot Get Drop Down Menus to Work At all

cre8plenty

From start to finish, how do I set up drop down menus? I have parent pages designated, and I only saw the carrot that designated there were child pages when I first uploaded Platform Pro. I'm saddened by this as it seems I haven't gained anything from spending the $95 to get the Pro version.

Danny
Hi Cre8plenty, The first thing you need to do is create your Wordpress menu, goto Wordpress Admin Dashboard --> Appearance --> Menus Once there, enter your menus name and click the Create Menu button. Now you can start to create your menu, by adding menu items. If you by any chance needed more information on the Wordpress menu system I have provided a link below, which is the Wordpress User Guide. http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide I have also created a test menu for you and linked the image below, this image should show you how to create a drop down menu. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/90DqC.jpg[/IMG] Now that you created your menu and setup which menu items will have a dropdown, you will to select your menu in the "Theme Location" area, take a look at my image, in the top left hand side, you should see an area called "Theme Location" with three dropdowns, in the top dropdown select your newly created menu. Once you have completed that, you then need to enable the drop down setting. To do this, goto: Platform Settings --> Header and Nav, from there scroll down until you see the option called "Drop Down Navigation - Nav and BrandNav Section" then simply tick the "Enable Drop Down Navigation?" box and save your settings. You should have a new menu, with drop downs if you created it correctly

Please search our forums, before posting!

cre8plenty
Ah, did all that, except did not realize you could drag and drop the pages once selected to be put in that box where you can "indent" the pages to indicate their place in the menu.