Sign in to follow this  
rwmitchell

Changing Global Background Colours

rwmitchell

Hey, I am new to PageLines themes and I am having a little difficulty locating css styles for background and pretty much changing all of the sites css to make small customizations to the theme. I noticed that iBLOGPro, doesn't have a 'design' function like the PlatformPro. So, my thing is, where can I locate the generic global style css page? I am not ??ber knowledgeable with coding but a step in the right direction would help a ton. A little about the website/group: This Group is designed to get the word out and to begin establishing a new community with inspired and inspiring individuals. We encourage you to share ideas and ask us questions about getting involved. We want to evolve our studio continuously and get people involved in using it to create works both Audio and Visual. Our goal is to provide affordable and versatile environments for public use, at hourly, weekly, or monthly rates. If you are a Painter,Welder,Wood Worker, Musician, Gardener, Dancer, Yogi, Performance Artist, DJ, Producer,or in other words whatever you are. If you are looking for a place to be creative get in touch. This is just the beginning. Endless Love and Respect, Submerged Studios http://submergedstudios.com/site The Studio puts on music shows, art shows and a lot of other performances and we need a way to get information out there other than Facebook, look more professional. Eventually have a forum and a store for artists (In The Future) for now we need a basic site that does what we want. I am decent at understanding and getting better at making sites and getting them up etc.. pretty basic things. I am not so great at CSS. So I am looking for a little help in the right direction. Anything would help. Things I am looking todo: Change the background to an images (repeating etc..) Install a calendar to post Much Love & Respect, rwmitchell

Danny
Hi RWMitchell, In order to change the background color you would need to use custom css, what color do you want the background to be ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

rwmitchell
Hi Danny, I am looking to be able to do something like this: http://getgrounded.tv/ Be able to change the background to an image and have it repeating or not repeating and alter the plugin boxes and description boxes to follow the same theme.

kastelic
You can put any CSS in Custom Code -> CSS and it will override the theme's CSS, which is the preferred method, rather than edit the themes CSS file itself. For example: [code] #page { background: blue } [/code] or [code] #page { background: url(YOUR-IMAGE-URL) repeat; } [/code] Read about CSS backgrounds here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

rwmitchell
Thanks Kastelic, My next question would have to be is there a document that tells you what section is what like, how you said #page was page IE: the background of the page, is there something like for the other boxes? Like: #Articles changes that colour? -- Looking to custom colour pretty much the whole site. From the Nav/Nav Hover to all the other boxes.

catrina
There are lists of CSS selectors for different website sections located in PlatformPro settings > Template Setup > Advanced Setup, but the lists are not complete. The best way to find the selector (i.e. #page) you're looking for is by getting Firebug here: getfirebug.com. A tutorial on how to use it for customizations (including color customizations) is here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/customization-tips

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse