Sign in to follow this  
christycollins

NexGen Gallery and Carousel

christycollins

Please look at this page: The carousel at the bottom has 40 items in it, but around only half show up in the scrolling action. ? I have look at the carousel settings in Platform settings and also the page settings. I can't figure out why all 40 items do not show up in the carousel. Help.

christycollins
Here is the page: http://www.christycollins.com/?page_id=1323

Rob
Christy, edit that page. Scroll down to Pagelines Meta Settings Click on Carousel Settings You'll see this: [img]http://www.epicurus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/carouselsettings.jpg[/img] Simply make sure that the number there matches the number you have set here: [img]http://www.epicurus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/carouselsettings1.jpg[/img] Those are the settings in the PlatformPro settings in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Carousel Settings. To make sure your 40 images show, BOTH numbers must equal 40. Also, to avoid transition difficulties, in the latter screen, you have the option to set how many show at one time. To avoid overlapping, set the number showing and transitioning to any number by which 40 is evenly divisible. Those would be 4, 5, 8. While 10 is also a valid number, it is not recommended as it would make the carousel too tight.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

christycollins
Wow, not sure what Im doing here, I have carefully went through all of this. It just wants to have 20 in the carousel. Can I send a screen shot to you some how. Please don't worry about this on a Saturday evening. It can wait. Thanks for the good help though. I must be missing something.

christycollins
http://www.christycollins.com/?page_id=1323

Jenny
If you have both numbers matching them I'm not sure why 40 images don't rotate. I was thinking that maybe the code limits the number of items you can use but I really don't think that's it. Are you sure you have 40 images in the NextGEN gallery ID chosen for the carousel?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

christycollins
Yes there are 40 images in that gallery. I have 40 selected both in the page and the platform carousel settings box. It will only show 20. I will continue to look for the problem. All of the images appear in the gallery and have a thumbnail, so that isn't the problem. Humm

Rob
On the Platform end, the limit to the number of posts I know of should be 999. But NextGen might be doing this. I'd suggest writing to them and asking, or checking their forum. Christy, one other option might be the size of the thumbnails it's picking up. How big are they?

christycollins
Im not sure what you mean on the size. Where exactly would i check that?

Rob
Are the images being loaded actual thumbnails in the NextGen feed or, is it picking up a full size image? If it's the thumbnail or featured image from a post, then there should be no problem, but if the gallery is picking up and reducing the size of large images, then the server's memory limit may be stretched, causing your host to limit the number of available slides to just 20. Just a thought.