Sign in to follow this  
adaml44

Full Width Header

adaml44

I've got a page that's full width with canvas. I like this, and want to keep it. It's easy to tinker with, and very close to what I want the final product to be. However, I'd like to try having the header (and probably the nav bar) full-width. I've read the threads on here, and it seems like I have to write a hook to do this. My problem is that I don't know how to do hooks (I've read the docs on it, but it makes absolutely no sense to me, to the point where I couldn't even answer what I don't understand about it). From searching the forums, it seems like this is a fairly common request. Is there any way anyone who knows hooks could say "copy and paste this into your functions.php, and copy and paste this into the CSS"? I've gotten a lot of help on here so far, which has been great, and I've done even more self-help so as to avoid asking too much. But I'm not prepared to or really capable of learning a whole new branch of programming to do this (that's why I bought the theme that labeled itself as a"drag and drop"). If someone could help me with this, I'd really appreciate it, as would many others since this appears to be a relatively common request. Pretty please? btw, the site is www.adamlillylaw.com

catrina
This past forum topic isn't about making the header and full-nav full width, but it goes into specifics about implementing a hook and CSS to go with it: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12248/replace-search-bar-in-header-with-an-image/p1. Perhaps it can shed more light on how hooks should be added. If the topic's instructions aren't clear to you, more assistance can be provided.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse