Sign in to follow this  
geographyblog

Is it possible to automatically link the feature to a the post/page?

geographyblog

I have set the background of each feature post so that it can be clicked as a link, but I would like the posts to automatically link itself, without having to fill out the box below in the meta settings. Thanks

Jenny
I really don't understand what you're asking. Are you saying that you want the feature to automatically link to a post without having to type in the URL to that post?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Rob
By any chance are you requesting making the entire feature slider clickable? As in this article: http://adammunns.com/create-a-fullwidth-clickable-feature-slider/ ? Or are you suggesting that there be some means of making a link to a page or post without manually entering it? If so, how would you propose doing that? I think the Platform Pro developers are really good, but I can't figure this concept out. Could you elaborate on this theory and explain how you think it could be done?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

geographyblog
Yes exactly simple_mama I have already made the feature clickable, but I would like it if I didn't have to manually enter a link, so that the post/page the image is related to is automatically linked. I am using the feature slider to display my most recent posts, I would like the posts to be linked to each slide so you can click on the slide to go to the post. I know I could paste the link into the box in the meta settings, but I wanted to know whether it could be automatically linked? Sorry if i caused any confusion

catrina
I know that the permalink for a post on WordPress can be generated using this PHP shortcode: [code][/code] I am not quite certain how it could be implemented in one of the feature files to make it so that feature slides are automatically clickable, however. Perhaps someone else has more insight on this.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

geographyblog
Thank you I will see if I can find anyone else who can help. :)

Rob
I've bumped this to a developer for reply.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Danny
I'm not quite understanding what you're asking here. So you have set the feature slider full area to be clickable and now you want to set it so that the features automatically link to your posts? Can't you simply use the post category option in the feature settings to do this for you ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

geographyblog
Sorry for my delayed response I have been on Holiday. Yes to this "So you have set the feature slider full area to be clickable and now you want to set it so that the features automatically link to your posts?" But I am not quite sure what you mean by use the post category option?

kastelic
Short answer, no there is no way to automatically fill this field. Long answer, there's probably some crazy customization you can do to the core files, but I have no idea how that would be done safely.

geographyblog
Thanks to everyone who has helped me on this.