Sign in to follow this  
riechersm

different page, different arrangement?

riechersm

Can I have my home page (standard page template) with boxes above content, and then a page that has content above boxes? How?

Danny
Hi Riechersm, Yes you can, I would reccomend creating a new page template, you can find instructions on how to do this here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections Scroll down until you see this header "Adding Drag and Drop Page Templates". Once you have followed the instrcutions and created a new page template to work with. All you need to do then is goto Platform Settings --> Template Layout, from there select your new template from the dropdown and then drag and drop the sections you want (in this case content and boxes) and save the template.

Please search our forums, before posting!

riechersm
That all sounds awesomely frightening, I'll try it!

riechersm
uhhh....ok, that's beyond my ability level. I don't really even know what any of that means. Any other way? I'm guessing not.

catrina
The Custom Sections technique is the easiest way to do it without messing up any of the code in the parent files. Would you prefer that someone else do it for you?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

riechersm
That's very kind of you to offer. What I have done so far is I made my home page a boxes template page and set the layout for that differently from the default page, one with boxes above and one with boxes below. It looks like it does the trick...do you think I am letting myself in for problems later on?

Jenny
The only way you may have problems later on is if you use another boxes template page somewhere else. However, you will be able to customize that page's display properties as well so you should be okay. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.