Sign in to follow this  
hypman

Got error message on feature page ? Any advice on why ?

hypman

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/stopsmok/public_html/wp-content/themes/iblogpro/pro/template_fboxes.php on line 8 This is the message, ive just had big issues with w3 total cache- i enabled a few basic features then my site was acting up so deactivated it then i find ALL my feature pages have completely disappeared, and now to top that off ive got this message. Can anyone help? thanks

Rob
Link to your site please?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

hypman
oops, sorry http://www.ripleyhypnotherapy.co.uk/about-ripley-hypnotherapy/derby/

Rob
Well, you seem to be using the feature slider as your header. Is this true? Or is it just misplaced on the page? The error you're seeing appears to be created by a conflict of plugins. Please try to deactivate any plugins one at a time and refresh your site in a separate browser or tab (with a hard refresh please). If the error goes away, we know the plugin caused the problem. We can address that once we've identified it.

hypman
Hi Ill try the plug ins and let you know. As for using the feature as a header, im not sure how to use it any differently than i am doing? i know you can use a feature as part of the template but apart from that ?? Thanks for the help

Rob
Normally the feature slider appears above or within the body of the site, not in the header. http://www.pagelines.com/demos/iblogpro/ check the demo. You seem to have a mapping plugin appearing in the space where the feature slider is located and oddly, a different type of feature slide in the header, similar to the one in PlatformPro. See this. http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/ I'm unsure how you did that, but it doesn't appear to be correct. Did you do any customization to any files?

Rob
Sorry. It seems it's an image. My error. The error is still there, but unlike earlier, your slider is now working.

hypman
Yes Ive redone all the slider pages and backed them up ! iv e tried turning the plug ins off but didnt see any difference. Ill try again later thanks again

hypman
Hi Ive still got the issue, in fact its even making the font look too large. I ve deactivated all plug ins and it made no difference : ( Any help please? thanks

hypman
Hi Nope, im sure a long time ago i did put some in (cant remember why) but its not showing now

Simon
Do you have any boxes added? The template file is trying to loop through custom boxes to display them, but it cannot find any.. did you delete the defaults?

hypman
Hi guys Thanks for the input, no Simon i dont have any boxes. Only the 6 feature sliders

hypman
I may have deleted the defaults, it was a long time ago. How can i check?

catrina
You can check by going to the Boxes page on your Dashboard and checking to see whether or not they're there.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hypman
Hi I cant see any boxes anywhere, are they not just listed along with the features if they are there?

hypman
Do you guys mean feature boxes? Im not sure what other boxes there maybe??

catrina
Ah, I thought you were referring to the regular boxes. Have you already checked in the features settings for feature boxes?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hypman
Yes there are no feature boxes. only feature sliders :(

Jenny
I assume you have disabled and deleted your caching plugin? Since you apparently don't want boxes on that page, why don't you just disable them within the page by editing it and unchecking the box that says "Show feature boxes (from feature setup) on this page."?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

hypman
Hi Jenny Yes the w3 total cache is deleted. Ive checked the set up and there are no boxes checked.Im not sure exactly what you meant, but its not the boxes thats the issue, its the invalid argument message showing on this page http://www.ripleyhypnotherapy.co.uk/about-ripley-hypnotherapy/derby/

Jenny
Did you edit the derby page like I asked and uncheck the box to disable them?

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
The error is because you're telling it to display the boxes (within the page itself) but you have no boxes to display.

Simon
You have no boxes defined. You have to go to the feature setup page and click 'New Feature Box' The edit it and click save.