Sign in to follow this  
humanv3

Disqus plugin not appearing

humanv3

Hi there! My client requested Disqus as their commenting platform, though when it's activated nothing shows up. When deactivated the standard built-in option is there. Any suggestions? **UPDATE: When I go into the Disqus settings and enable "Only on posts with closed comments" It shows up. These are brand new posts, why would they be considered closed? ** ALSO: Pending a successful outcome to this problem, I have read that PageLines uses Disqus by default? Is that true? If so how do I get it looking like the traditional Disqus interface? Thanks in advance! HumanV3

Rob
You may have misread about Disqus and Pagelines. We do not use it by default however, our structure is ready for it to work, so once activated, the default WP comment form is replaced without having to code the page or template. I suspect the problem you're experiencing is not coming from Disqus and is definitely not a Platform or Pagelines issue, but probably stems from the Discussion settings in WP. Look in Dashboard > Settings > Discussion to see if all the options for discussion are properly set. Normally I wouldn't do this, but I'd strongly suggest you address this issue with Disqus which has outstanding support too. They can guide you much better about their product.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

humanv3
I would assume the default settings for Discussion would be fine... I'm not sure what to change to make it work in there. If you have a screenshot of this it would be cool (and save a lot of typing ;) ). Is there anything from the structure that it depends on? Certain classes or ID's that may have been messed with?

Rob
Please note that these settings shown are for my site and may not apply to yours. Again, I stress you should be addressing this issue with Disqus. [img]http://www.epicurus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/discussionsettings.png[/img]

humanv3
What css selector does Disqus output into? I'm trying to see if it's been hidden or something... this is a big deal to my project manager.

catrina
The CSS selector for Disqus can be inspected using Firebug (http://getfirebug.com). Can you please post a link to your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

humanv3
I can give that a shot later on tonight as the site went live prematurely ;)*sigh... I'll be back in touch afterwards. Thanks Catrina.

Rob
The div is "disqus_thread" but Disqus' form is just a portal to their service. The comments posted are actually stored on their server, not yours. It is for this reason too that your solutions will best be provided by their excellent support team.

humanv3
OK, just an update - a Wordpress plugin called "My Videotag" was responsible for the disappearing act. If you checked (enabled) the comments option it conflicts with Disqus. Not your thing I know, but just in case anyone searches this thread for similar issues ;) Thanks for your time.

Rob
Thanks for letting us know.