Sign in to follow this  
bizint

Any idea why my news sidebars are bleeding off the edge of the page in front page?

Rob
If you have a widget in a sidebar that's a specific width, like an ad graphic, and you've made the actual sidebar the exact width of the graphic, it will bleed off on the right. You need to factor in padding. On my site, where I have 160x600px ads, I have to make sure my sidebar is actually 192 px wide to avoid bleeding. In essence, add 32 px width to your sidebar and you should have no bleeding. Do this in Layout Control for each sidebar you have.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bizint
Hi....I'm not sure its that simple I cant take you to the web because its behind a maintenance mode...but attached picture

bizint
Christ how do I put a bloody image in ere now...

Rob
Place the URL between [ img] and [ /img] tags without spaces in the tags.

bizint
it was easy to figure out how to uplaod and place an image berfore...strage...thanks for reposnse but cant remember how to upload to url!

Kate
If you go to Media->Add New, you can upload an image, Then you can use the provided URL for your image.

bizint
Cool anyway launched site www.lucyairambulance.org.uk . So can see! So on the front page the news on the right( events) bleeds off the page...not sure how to fix! Also, the nextgen slideshow widget is working great in fundraising in the footer, but have no idea how to click link through to the donate page (the widget doesn't have a link options. So CSS?!) Thanks for help!

catrina
The content is too wide to fit on the page, but this can be fixed by resizing either the sidebars on both sides or the main content (or maybe even both). Which would you rather make smaller? Also, is the widget supposed to cycle through showing different fundraising ads?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bizint
its cycles showing the events posts...it should be set up to fit into this space...is their a custom css that will fix it...I cant seem to do it using firebug...

bizint
opops the widget below just cycles four images using bext gen slideshow...no option to create link...wondering a cutom css wil do trick?

Rob
Hi. I've just looked at your site and again, I repeat my earlier answer that Catrina basically confirms. Your site's specific widths are incorrect to have that content in the right sidebar. 1. Sidebars have padding so you must consider that when calculating the width to set in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Layout Editor. 2. If you go to the Layout Editor, you scroll down and you'll see a graphic representation of your site's layout (see below) [img]http://www.epicurus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/layout1.png[/img] 3. You see in my example that each sidebar is 192px. That gives me 162px of actual content space... just enough to have my 160px wide skyscraper ads show. You can see the numbers and how they add up below the graphical representation. 4. To adjust your right sidebar, point your cursor over the left edge sidebar and drag it to the left till you reach at least 192px, but probably better at a number over 220px. This will narrow your main content area. So you'll need to drag the left area of the entire content section and widen the site a bit to bring your main content area to proper width. Adjust accordingly. Since your left sidebar is not bleeding, I'd suggest your right one be the same size or wider.

bizint
Yeah I'm familiar with the layout...and I'm happy with the width of the side bars...but the widget itself doesnt seem to want to play ball. The widget actually has a width setting which is set much less than than the sidebar width...so I'm wondering if I can force some css into the sidebar to get it to thin out?

bizint
`oh and on the fundriasing area...I've changed the images to slideshow through (nextxgen slideshow widget)..but I cant see a way of adding a link from the images to the donation page...any ideas how to make a link to "donate" from these rotating images?! many thanks

bizint
I've tried to shrink the post widget using: #div_postlist {width: 206px; !important} but it wants to be wider?!

kastelic
Here you go sir: [code] #div_postlist a { max-width: 150px; display: block; } #div_postlist p { max-width: 150px; } [/code]