Sign in to follow this  
burgess

How to move thumb image under title / inline with excerpt text

burgess

I'm learning this as I go. I'd like to move the thumbnail image so that, rather than bumping a post over on the posts page, it sits under the title area, left, inline with the post text. I'm using the base child theme. Anyone know where I can find this setting? This is my site--it's just gobbledygook right now, as I'm using placeholder stuff as I design the site: www.nicholasburgess.com

mstmarie1
I don't think there is a setting to position the thumbnail in regards to the content. A modification to the template files would be necessary. A CSS hack would require absolute placement of the image, and then you'd never get the excerpt to wrap under if it was lengthy. You'd also have to stick to the title only being a single line. Definitely a custom job.

Kate
In the template.postloop.php file (you can copy that to Base if you don't already have it there), search for the thumbnail call. You would simply move that div so that it sits below the post title, etc. Then modify the CSS, and you'd be set. I know there are some instructions around here on that...

burgess
Thanks guys. Playing around, I've since decided just to show full posts anyway and not worry too much how archive/search pages look. I did not know I could copy templates into the base folder, though. Good to know!

jankowalski
how to do that in framewrok 2.0?