Sign in to follow this  
james341

Questions : Hide Register Page from Subscribers + Universal sidebar width

james341

hey there my site url : www.skip-up.com i have 2 questions : 1. i have in my site "Register/Download now" page - is there a way after a user register using that page to hide it in the menu and show other page in the menu like support or something like that ? because i have the register form there and i don't want that a user that already registered to see the form i want him to see something else like support. 2. i'm using the universal side bar in my home page - feature page , for the sidebar login, but as you can see it take all the site width and it's not looking nice. is there a way to make it smaller and put some photos or text in the right to it?

mstmarie1
1. I use the plugin: WP Custom Menu Filter Plugin to show/hide different menu items based on whether or not a user is logged in, and it's very easy to use. 2. In the Site Header Template Section, there is an option to use the Universal Sidebar. Add that to the header template and move that widget into that section in the Widget panel. OR, if you want to keep it out of the branding section, try adding more widgets to the Full Width Sidebar and see what happens.

james341
i had the universal side bar but it's too long i want it to be smaller to the right of the site www.skip-up.com

Rob
When your visitor is logged in are they redirected to a different page? Or is it that you just don't want the form in the sidebar? Have you tried Sidebar Login plugin? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sidebar-login/ or s2Member? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/s2member/ this last one has a Paypal interface for paid downloads and membership levels.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
This one will redirect them to another page. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/peters-login-redirect/ combined with Widget Logic (where you can determine what's on the sidebar based on the page, category or post) you can control precisely what your visitor sees when logged in.

james341
no. i want to have the login form in the header like the way it is in the home page. the thing i don't like is that the form is in all the site width. i just want a small login form on the header in the right side of the page - by the way i use the sidebar login plugin - i just have in the universal side bar

james341
and by the way when they are logged in they stay in the same page and also i use the widget logic to have different menu when user is loved in - the only thing i need is to fix the form width

Rob
Using Firebug for Firefox, you should be able to determine the two elements that you want to narrow and write custom CSS for that, applying it to Custom Code in CSS Rules.

james341
is there a way to put the password field in the right of the user field? and not one under another? the log in is the "sidebar login" plugin.

Danny
Hi James, If I was you I would do one of two things: 1. Remove the "Site Branding" section from the Header template and then place in your sites logo code in the Universal Sidebar using a text editor. With some CSS you should be able to get the logo in the same position as it is now and also again with CSS you should be able to reduce the width of the login box and have it aligned with the sites logo. As for the hide register page, I would suggest you take on board Rangelone suggestion and take a look at S2Member or some other members plugin. Doing the above, would take you some time and effort. 2. You could contact the Pagelines Pros and ask them for their assistance. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!

james341
i tried to contact one pf the pros ....i sent all of them email but no one replay to me....i'm willing to pay for it. i must find a way to fix this issue until next week i hope someone will se this post and will help me out my email is : ofir341@gmail.com