Sign in to follow this  
dagmar123

Why is the only choice Sammple pages in Reading Settings

dagmar123

I would like to choice home 2, but the only choice in Reading settings is Sample Pages, what is wrong? I try like this video in Youtube

Danny
Hi Dagmar, I'm really sorry but I don't understand, would it be possible for you to explain in further detail or post some screenshots please?

Please search our forums, before posting!

dagmar123
Im sorry, from Sweden... I have insalled Platform Pro, and i want to build a homepage, not a blog. I cant choice the Theme; home2, in the settings; reading, the only choice is Sample pages. Must i install that? The instruction video is it a lot of choice, i onyly have one choice, Sample Pages.

Danny
Ok I understand now, sorry about that. When using the Wordpress Admin dashboard --> Settings --> Reading, the static page for Homepage needs to be a page. So what you must do is create a new page and for example call it "Homepage", once that page is created, go back to Settings --> Reading and then you should be able to choose the Homepage from the dropdown.

dagmar123
Thank you very much, i understand how to do. But i cant change the text in the boxes on each pages, i have try lots of times.

Danny
Can you post a link to your site please, so we can take a closer look?

dagmar123
http://hagalundsbyggservice.se/ I cant change the text it is the same text in "Home" and "Om JES"

Danny
OK you could give this a try. 1. Goto Platform Settings --> Template Layout, once there use the drop down menu and select the template "Custom Page", this template should be empty and have no sections enabled. Now drag and drop the section "Pagelines Boxes" and save the template. 2. Now goto Boxes --> Add new Box Set, on the right hand side there should be a panel called "Box Sets" and underneath that a small box with default-boxes. Now click the link under that called "Add New Categroy", call this category "OM JES" for example. Leave the top field set to ---Parent Categroy--- and click the add new category button. You should now have two categories called "defeault-boxes" and "OM JES". 3. Now type whatever text you want to be displayed and save the box 4. Now go to Pages --> All Pages and select the Om JES page, once on the page editor, scroll down until you come the "Pagelines Meta Settings" and click on the "Boxes Section", now where it says "Select Box Set To Show", click on the drop down and select the "OM JES". Then go through all of the other settings and then save the page. When you goto your Om JES page now the text that is on display should be the one that is in the Om Jes box and therefore different to your Homepage.

dagmar123
Thank you very much, i think i understand, but i cant choice the Custom pages, in the Template layout. I dont have that choise.

Danny
Ok Dagmar, Then you need to create a custom page template and then register it, to do this follow the instructions below. http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections Read the part that's called "Adding Drag and Drop Page Templates".

dagmar123
I am sorry, but i realy dont understrand what i shall do how to create a custom page. I have read it lots of times. I have test another page: http://kesabfood.se/in Twenty Ten 1.2 and Twenty Eleven 1.2 and tere is no problem, but in PagesLine ande PagesLinePro cant i put the text on the site.