Sign in to follow this  
builder71

Feature slider

builder71

Amateur here . . . 1. Can't seem to figure out how to adjust the text in the overlay box on the feature slider . . . Inserted slides with feature posts no problem on categorization etc. etc. . . . but can't resolve the text issue . . . the title of my posts is running off the bottom of the text box and I don't want to expand the size of the slider 2. Is there a way to adjust the width of the feature slider?

kastelic
1. You will need to use some custom CSS, either by adjusting the margin or font-size of the feature title or text. If you could provide a link that would be helpful, or tell us which element you need to change using Firebug. 2. Again, with custom CSS, although its rather complicated. Other than that, only by adjusting the page width in Layout Editor.

builder71
I appreciate your help . . . This is the link http://www.conservativepoliticalreview.com/ . . . is that what you mean? Can't see how to get at the underlying code.

catrina
Do you have any custom CSS at the moment? If so, that may be causing the height/width issues.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

builder71
None that I created . . . couldn't if I wanted to . . . could it have come from a plugin?

Rob
1. The font you're using for the feature slider is rather large and the amount of text in titles is causing it to wrap. That in turn is pushing other text below it down off screen. 2. Solutions are to place half or so of your title text within the recommended SMALL tags shown in the demo slides. Something like [code]smaller textLarger Text[/code] would be better. Also, keep your titles as short as possible. 3. Look at the font you used for the slider and try to tighten the character spacing by -0.10em

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

builder71
rangelone . . . thanks for your help . . . I am using the feature set-up options / feature design style . . . to select the font and overlay box options for the feature slider . . . I can see where I can adjust the typography under platformpro settings which allows me to adjust the font setting by -0.10em . . . where do I insert the code?

catrina
You can place CSS code in the settings (Custom Code > CSS). What code are you trying to insert? The -0.10em code?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

builder71
Catrina . . . I was referring to the smaller text . . . that rangleone has highlighted in yellow . . . maybe I am off track . . .

kastelic
Custom Code -> Custom CSS is where you place your custom CSS. For example this is how you would change the size of the Feature Title : [code] .fcontent .ftitle { font-size: 2em !important } [/code] Another thing to note, in the slide about Perry, there are several empty paragraph tags pushing the content down. Remove those and you should see the text.

builder71
Guys . . . appreciate your patience and sorry to be so slow . . . so if I go to features / edit the particular feature / click the HTML tab where I can see the text and the code is that where I would put this snippet of code . . . .fcontent .ftitle { font-size: 2em !important } ->Custom CSS ?

catrina
If you're referring to the tags, you must add those tags as shown below: [code]YOUR TEXT HERE[/code] When it comes to this code... [code].fcontent .ftitle { font-size: 2em !important }[/code] ...It should be adding to PlatformPro Settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS, not in the Feature slide > HTML editor tab.

Designer | Catrina Dulay