Sign in to follow this  
tdmc123

Platformpro Theme Options Panel currupted

tdmc123

Having installed WP Syposium, it seems that Platformpro Theme Options Panel is slightly distorted: I don't know how to add a screen capture in this forum but will attempt to do so if it helps. T

Simon
Distorted how? How to post an image is covered here: Its the same as all other forum software. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12193/please-read-before-posting

tdmc123
Sorry, I didn't know how to post pics in the forum, thanks for the info. I posted the question on the chance that you may have run into this issue before although I did search the forum prior to posting. Does the pic make any sense to you? T

Simon
Thats another plugin putting css and or js on the theme setup page. Disable your plugins one at a time to find it.

tdmc123
WP Symposium Core Plugin seems to be the culprit as the theme options panel reverted back to normal when it was deactivated. Tony

tdmc123
Yes, i woould like to know how i can correct the errors that are corrupting the theme options page.

tdmc123
Okay, i guess thats it in terms of support, which has helped me make up my mind about this theme. Thanks

Rob
Tony, I mean no disrespect but we are giving you support and not giving up on you. However, that said, sometimes when a plugin causes a conflict, it's equally important to bring the matter to the plugin author's attention as it is to ours. Consider that if a plugin causes a problem in our theme, it will also do it in others and the author, not the theme is responsible to write the solution. If the author were to provide a solution and you need help applying it, we'd be all to happy to assist but we can't re-write copyrighted code. In terms of support, we go way, way out of our way to be supportive. An example is a client who recently wanted the feature slider between 2 columns and my colleagues and I worked hours to make sure it worked for that client, even developing a demo for her.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tdmc123
If the answer to my query was "talk to WP Symposium" i could understand that but to get absolutely no response is poor in my opinion. I'm done with this!

Rob
Again, with no disrespect, you are upset with us and PlatformPro even though we helped you identify that the problem was caused by a plugin? Is that correct? I can sympathize with you about being upset - totally, but I must say that the emotions should be directed towards WP Symposium for causing such an irrational error on our theme. I've used WP Symposium and didn't experience this, so it's possible it's not just WP Symposium, but a combination of plugins - essentially a conflict of style sheets probably. They have to help you identify what that conflict is since you know their plugin was the root cause. I'm sure you've done some serious work on your site with PlatformPro and it would seem impractical to throw out the baby with the bathwater over an issue where the plugin author would probably be happy to identify the cause. What versions of PlatformPro and Platformbase do you have and is PlatformBase activated?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tdmc123
The length of time it takes to get answers on this so called support forum is the root of my complaint, I am not "upset" I have simply expressed my opinion at the quality of your support, which i believe is poor. As I have said previously, I am done with platformpro and will now look for an alternative, I do not wish to build a site with a theme that can fall apart on the next update from some plugin that I have installed and then wait days for answers from a support forum. If you believe that your support for this product is adequate you are entitled to your opinion; I on the otherhand have no further interest in this theme and I have other pressing matters to deal with. Regards

Simon
I took the time to install the plugin and i can confirm that it does actually include its admin css and js on EVERY wordpress admin page, including theme pages. Thats why your settings are broken. We only include our js on pages that actually need it, Platforms main settings screen, and the post edit screen. I would refer the author to the WordPress docs: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script#Load_scripts_only_on_plugin_pages We dont have time to test all 25,000 plugins available to you, but we do make sure the theme follows the rules.