Sign in to follow this  
consiglieri

understanding css options for Platform Pro

consiglieri

Hi I've read about custom css and I have managed to identify the particular item I wish to change. But I cannot understand how. But ler me explain a bit more. Using the default template on Platform Pro I have a page where the main content is simply two lines, each formatted as a paragraph. I wanted to change the font-size not the second line (i.e second paragraph) Using Safari in developer mode (like firebug) I can mark the line and find what I think is the relevant css. But it appears just just be a div within a div within a div (if that makes int any clearer?). This is just an experiment on my part, but I'm trying to learn how to control specific parts of the con ten on a singular page. It would only affect that page. If you need more info to help let me know what you need. Thanks Thomas

consiglieri
I think is perhaps have figured it out. I guess if I want to have special formatting on a certain paragraph on a page I need to create a special paragraph format (i.e mow own css p). That makes my questions as follows. if i create a child theme and add a special formatting for my own paragraph can I get that to show as an option in the formatting drop list on edit page?

Jenny
Why don't you just edit the actual page or post and edit the way the content looks there?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.