Sign in to follow this  
edwelly

Need help with .css code - hide metabar on forum pages only

edwelly

Hello all. I am needing help trying to remove the metabar on ONLY my bbpress forum pages. I can remove the metabar completely by using the display:none but I can't seem to get it to apply to just the forum pages. Here is a page I would like it removed on: http://communindiefilms.com/forums/forum/marketplace/ I appreciate any help! Thanks!

Rob
Do you have Firebug for Firefox? Also, since that's coming from bbPress, you may want to post that question in their forums.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

edwelly
yes i have firebug but I am not sure hw to isolated the .css fix to just the bbpress pages.

Rob
You should over your cursor over the element you want to fix and right click, then "Inspect Element". Here's a couple of examples from my site. These are not intended for your use and are not specific to your needs and are shown solely for demonstration purposes. [code]#content .bbp-forum-info { width: 60%; text-align: left;} #content table tbody tr .bbp-forum-description p { margin-bottom: 0; font-size: 12px; font-style: italic; text-align: left;}[/code] As you can see, there are different bbPress tags, so you need to actually check the bits and pieces of your site you wish to change.

edwelly
I know the div class="metabar" but I cannot figure out the syntax for the bbpress pages to display none I would think it it something like: bbpress-page #metabar { display:none; } but that does not work.

Rob
Again, that was to give you an idea, not to answer specific code. You need to find the appropriate code to make changes to and would be best to ask bbPress or find that answer in their forums as we do not apply, affix or install that metabar. On a sidenote, you should be aware that rejecting the answer doesn't mean you're keeping the question open, it means you didn't accept the answer. An answered question does not close the topic so you can continue to keep these dialogs open after an answer is accepted. We very rarely close topics here and some have been open for years, unlike WP, Buddypress and other sites that close topics quickly. Additionally, if you read the "Please Read before Posting" an Announcement at the top of the forums, you'll see that proper etiquette is to click the "Thanks" button. This ensures that you and others get professional support whenever possible and timely answers.

edwelly
rangelone - thanks for explaining the reject thing. I didn't think it was right to 'reject' your advice but I wanted to keep the thread open. My intention was never malicious so please forgive me. I appreciate all of your help and hope you do not feel that I took advantage of it. Again, I apologize. concerning the issue at hand, I will open a thread abut it over at bbpress. The only reason I came here with it as that you guys tend to be nicer and quicker in responses. :-D

Jenny
Try using: [code].post-231 .metabar { display:none; }[/code] I can't remember if that's how to call the post or not. :/

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
Actually.. that will only remove it on that one page. Hmmm...

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
I went through the bpress css files and tried disabling one-by-one anything meta related and nothing removed it. So I advise asking bpress for help or you'll have to manually add CSS to display:none for every page (yikes).

edwelly
Thanks simple_mama. I ahd the same results as you did. I will get in touch with bbpress and see what needs to be done.

Rob
And don't apologize. No offense was taken. I just wanted you to know how this forum works.