Sign in to follow this  
adaml44

Default Page & Page Attributes

adaml44

I was trying to fix a few things on my site, and in the process I seem to have lost lots of options. For example, I had set the default page to be the home page rather than the blog. Not only did that revert (unintentionally), but now there's no option for me to change it back. It also changed the home page's permalink to "sample-page". I've changed it to "home" now, but really want it to be the default page, as I have no present intention of using the blog. www.adamlillylaw.com Also, in the Page Attributes section, I no longer have the ability to create parent pages with sub-pages, just "template" and "order".

Rob
[quote]For example, I had set the default page to be the home page rather than the blog.[/quote] Did you create a page called "default" instead of home? Or do you have that sentence backwards. I mean, did you create a home page with the default template? By any chance, did you check the components of the Default template via Template Setup?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
I sent you a private message.

adaml44
About the default page - I didn't realize how confusing that sentence would be when I wrote it. Now that you point it out... yeah. I'll try again: I had it set up so that, when you went to the site (www.adamlillylaw.com), you arrived at a static home page, rather than a page compiling blog posts.

Rob
Oh. Go down to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and make sure the Static option is selected. Then, in the drop downs below, make sure you have your homepage and in frontpage, your blog page selected. Save.

adaml44
Your helpfulness went ridiculously beyond what I could have ever asked for. Thank you.

Rob
No problem. Take a quick look at one of my Platform sites. It looks rather "legal". http://www.epicurusinstitute.org I used an image of the House wing facade of the US Capitol and created a background.

Rob
And I should have shown you this, in case you like good food http://www.epicurus.com