Sign in to follow this  
tlovvorn

Having trouble setting background header on PlatformPro. HELP!

tlovvorn

I have spent hours changing the background colors in the Design manager on PlatformPro, but all I get is the same old white background that the template came with. I have tried to upload a background image and it doesn't work either. I have also tried to change the CSS code and still no luck. It is as if something is over-riding the settings in the design manager. My end goal is to get a header background of grey (#333333), white middle, and black footer. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. My site is temporarily at http://74.220.215.229/~westmin6/newsite/

kastelic
Go to Design Control and change the Site Design Mode to Fixed-width Design Framework. Then you should see the body background color behind your page. If the setting to grey isn't saving then you may be typing it in the box. What you want to do is click on the color box and then either select the color from the box or type it in the popup.

tlovvorn
THANKS KASTELIC! I'm almost there. That did give me a full background color change. Now I want to have the header and footer grey with the middle white. (Very much like this page here on PageLines.) Is this possible with Pagelines and if so, what is the CSS customization?

Rob
The Design Control section has color pickers for each component including the header, footer, and fonts in various sections of the site. You don't necessarily need CSS customization for basics.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur