Sign in to follow this  
markt

Thumbnail Bug + Other Things

markt

Hi just upgraded, and now find that the option to only show the thumbnail on the home page and not on the main story does not work any more. I have tried all options but nothing seems to work. I would also like to place a banner just above the social network icons. (an affiliate link) how and where can I do this. I would also like to remove the 5 widget option found on the footer where and how can I do this. Thanks in anticipation. http://www.5starweddingdirectory.com/blog

Andrew
Hi just upgraded, and now find that the option to only show the thumbnail on the home page and not on the main story does not work any more. I have tried all options but nothing seems to work.
Did you reselect and set the new option for this?
I would also like to place a banner just above the social network icons. (an affiliate link) how and where can I do this.
You would just edit the header.php file. If you want more help, add a screenshot of what you'd like to achieve.
I would also like to remove the 5 widget option found on the footer where and how can I do this.
Can you clarify? I don't know exactly what you mean... if you want to delete this completely, the code is in footer.php.

markt

1. Hi, Yes I have tired all options available to try to control the thumbnails but all do not work as it did before. 2. aaUQv.jpg What is the code to place the banner in the location as per image 3. The footer situation is fixed. Thanks

Andrew
2. aaUQv.jpg What is the code to place the banner in the location as per image
Inside of header.php, place the: `...` i
	after the headline div.

Yo

markt

Looks like i needed the luck, spen hours trying to place the banner with no luck. can not find the headline div. can you please give me the exact place in the header.php script the place the "afflink" code. as it does not go in teh correct location. i.e., right and above the rss icons. regards MarkT

markt

Hi, i have managed to place it on the header, but the banner is positioned left over the logo. trying to use the css to place it in the desired location. but no joy at the moment.

markt

.afflink{ position:absolute; display:block; margin: 0px 0px -110px 0px; padding: 20px; float: right; position:relative; } finally figured the position placement out

markt

sorry spoke to soon. position is still not good. in firefox and Mac Safari teh banner is in different places.

Andrew

I think you'll find positioning issues are always a cross-browser problem. If you want to make it position:relative, you don't need position:absolute. Post some screenshots in the different browsers so we can help...

markt

Hi Arpower, the banner problem has now been sorted. The tumbnail showing on the main article is still showing, I believe that you said that you would send me the css method to turn it on or off. Regards

cmunns

try `.single .thumb {display:none;}` and `.single .post-header {width:560px;}`