Sign in to follow this  
stevenson

Branding content image size problem

stevenson

Hi, When i drop images in for the branding content, the image appears to be about 80% (or so) of the actual image size. How can I fix this to get the full size? This also seems to be the case with any other images too (for example in the sidebar). Thanks for any help in advance. Chris

Rob
Chris, it's advisable that each time you post, you provide a link back to your site so we can see the problem and/or look at source code. As soon as we get that link, we'll be happy to look for a solution.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stevenson
thanks. obviously, i'm just starting to mess around with this. here's the link http://cstevenson.com/wordpress/ . basically the gray image at the top is not full size...same as the little sutton image on the right. they seem to be about 80-85% of full size.

Rob
Actually, in my browser (Firefox), they're exactly 100% of their size. Can you look at the browser you're using and see if there's a zoom resize option or a default? Make sure the view is set to 100%. On a more "graphic" note, I see where you're going with that design and while it's very sophisticated, I suspect it will be incredibly difficult for people to read. It looks like grey on dark grey, particularly the smaller text. Part of the problem too is that your image is a .jpg. Those rarely handle text well unless you create them using vector layers, placing each line of text on a different layer then, when ready to save, merging (flattening) the layers. There are two superior file types for text based graphics One is .png (best) and the other is .gif. Both these will allow you to create text that's crisp, clear and doesn't pixellate or feather. Believe me this isn't intended as criticism, but as a guiding hand. My site will celebrate 15 years online on Oct 17th and I've published a magazine. I've got a bit of graphic knowledge to share.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stevenson
wow...don't i feel dumb. it was zoomed out. i know enough that i should have checked that. thanks for the graphic notes too. i come from a photography background where there is jpg and tiff. might explain why my fonts on my photography site never looked right. cheers.