Sign in to follow this  
larrystammen

Multiple Blogs Under One Tab

larrystammen

I've checked the forum here but was unable to discern whether more than one blog can be utilized under one tab. If you take a look at the website I'm working on, you'll see that I'm trying to put several blogs under the tab marked (of course) "blogs." I've tried the category route, but when I post to a second blog it also appears in the first one. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
Larry... "If you take a look at the website I'm working on, you'll see..." I'd love to, but a link would be the only way I could.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

larrystammen
Whoops! It's HillsboroK12.com.

Rob
Okay. That helped. I see the problem you're experiencing. Are you using a plugin to create different blogs? There are several, though I've never used them. I know it's very bad form, and incredibly old fashioned, but the way I built my very, very, very large site (over 117K posts), was to create totally separate WP installations using the same template across the board. Each one looks pretty much the same, except the menus are a bit different. In your case, you could, theoretically do the same thing for the blogs if a plugin doesn't work. The menus I created just link people back and forth between WP installations seemlessly. In fact, I used things like RSS to bring more links that change with the content so that it's always "alive". Check it out at http://www.epicurus.com. Each main menu link is a different install, except the Shopping one, that's a PHP script.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur