Sign in to follow this  
sarahstokey

Comments on Post Page

sarahstokey

Hello, I have Platform Pro and currently on my blog (http://turningheadskennel.com/news/) the comment feature is not active. Yes, there is a small link above the post but I would like there to be a comment form like the one on the single posts page: (http://turningheadskennel.com/fall-training-has-begun-2/) I do not, however, want to limit my posts page to a single post as I've seen done elsewhere. I would like to keep it as a typical blog with multiple entries and have the comment field available after each blog entry. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you, Sarah

Rob
Sarah, which template are you using for the news page? Look under PlatformPro Settings > Template Setup for that template. Make sure the Comments form is present where you'd like it to appear (above or below content). Just drag and drop (and Save). There's also the option to use Disqus, which provides a much nicer looking comment form.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sarahstokey
There isn't an option to put the comments form on the "Posts Page Content Area" Template...

sarahstokey
With disqus, can people still use the facebook commenting? Most of the people interested in what we don't aren't necessarily super tech savy and only have facebook accounts...

Rob
I believe with Disqus, they should be. I'll work on the other matter.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
You cant have comments on the posts page, wp just will not work like that.

sarahstokey
I didn't realize that.... seems somewhat silly. I guess I'll have to play around with the layout of my posts. I want the Facebook Comments for Wordpress plug-in to work but it seems like that it's getting overridden by the platform pro's comment form....

sarahstokey
Is it possible to move the thing that says comment to the end of a post?