Sign in to follow this  
marmaristasarim

css situation... previously placed custom css now not being recognized

marmaristasarim

Hello I used the custom css part to add some css to certain areas of my clients site. The site was finished 3 weeks ago. But some of the css that I placed is now not being recognized. It's strange. Here's one of the codes (which was working fine before): .main_nav ul li {float: left; margin: 0 0 0 0; padding: 0 0 0 0; text-align: center; width: 141px; z-index: 28; background-color: #f3f3f3;} But now this code is not being recognized and the main nav is back to its original state. The site is: boatvoyage.com I am wondering why. If someone could let me know what may cause this I would be so grateful. Also, I am working on another site. I again am using the custom css area to make modifications to the site. But now I am at a point where any other further css modifications I am adding to the custom css area, are not being recognized at all. No changes are occuring. The temp site address is: turkyacht.marmaristasarim.com Thank you very much for any assistance...

Rob
Which is activated? PlatformPro or Platformbase?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

marmaristasarim
Hello Rangelone, Thank you for replying. Both sites have Platformbase activated.

Kate
Often this is related to a CSS error. For instance, in the second link you shared, you're missing an end bracket on this chunk of code: [code]#feature_slider .fcontent { background: url("../images/grey50.png") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; color: #000000; display: inline; font-size: 1em; line-height: 1.5em; position: relative; text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #333333;[/code] You can try running your CSS through a CSS validator. Also, try adding the line that's no longer working to the very top of the custom code box, saving it, and seeing if it works then.

marmaristasarim
Thank you for your reply Kate. I guess from looking at the codes for long periods of time I missed the end bracket there :) Thanks for noticing and pointing it out. I will try your suggestions.