Sign in to follow this  
tlovvorn

Header Graphic and Feature don't line up

tlovvorn

I have uploaded a full header instead of just a logo on my PlatformPro site. The header is the exact same width as the feature underneath, but is shifted slightly to the right. I need help getting these two to line up correctly. http://74.220.215.229/~westmin6/newsite/ is the link to the temporary server where the site is located. Thanks

Rob
First question... why? Your image contains the same things your background could contain. So why not simply load that as the background, not as the branding image? Secondarily, why not make the logo and name a transparent .png file and overlay it so the alignment is more controllable than either the background or the image alone? Please check http://www.epicurus.com/ to see what I mean. I have a full-width background with a transparent, floating .png with my brand there. If I need to move the brand, or anything relative to it, I can, using CSS. Each section where you may have uploaded the image has the ability to remove it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tlovvorn
I would much rather do a background, but have not been able to figure out how to do a background where it only shows at the top of the page like your site shows. Do you have any guidelines on how to do that?

tlovvorn
I am trying to change the background color by using the PageLines Design Control feature and nothing is changing whatsoever. I would like to get a header color to be #333333 so that I can do a transparent png of the logo on top of. I set the canvas and page backgrounds to this color and I still get the white for both. It looks like my settings are being overridden some place else.

tlovvorn
Can someone please walk me through getting a header on my site? I have changed the color in the Design Control and nothing happens.