Sign in to follow this  
idistic

AB Split Multivariate Testing

idistic

Has anyone thought of a way to do split testing with the home page for platform pro?

Danny
Hi, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean, would it be possible to explain in a bit more detail, post a link to an example page or attached a screenshot please ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

idistic
Instead a single home page, I would like to create more than 1 so that I can perform split testing from a user experience perspective. With normal pages this is easily doable, just create two and let a plugin like Max A/B do it, but with the home page it seems to be more problematic. Just wondering if anyone has tried this, or if it's even possible.

kastelic
I'm assuming your home page is also your "blog" page? Can you have two different versions of template.postloop.php load? Sorry, not too familiar with this technique.

idistic
No the home page is more of a overall brochure page for a product landing page, the "Blog" will be on a separate page that is link-able from the home page

Rob
You can create as many home pages as you might like each with different templates and whatever content you might prefer to try on each. Once you've created the pages (let's call them home1, home2, home3, etc.) you can then go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and select Static page. From the drop down below it, select the home# you wish to try out. You should also create a totally blank page with a template of your choice and call it "blog". In the drop down below that, select your blog page, then save your settings. If you're trying to find viewer reaction, you can place a poll on the front in a sidebar that people can answer, though this is hardly scientific polling. Statistics won't help much either as traffic patterns vary by day, hour, month, holiday, weather, etc. I'm unsure how you'll be able to judge public reaction other than best guess based on poll reaction. I'd suggest leaving each poll and page up for a full week.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

idistic
I guess that's a partial solution, I was looking for some way to make this work from googles web site optimzer tool for the statistics part. Have to see if that would work with above method

Rob
You can always just add google's analytics tools to the Custom Code section. It will work to provide you with stats, but you need to determine the metrics by which you make a judgment. If you get 100 visitors one week and they "like" it somehow, and you get 1,000 the next week and only 100 like the next design, which is the one you go with? The first is 100% like. The second is only 10%, even if the numbers of likes are comparable. And how do you know they liked it? Facebook likes? Not everyone does that. I'm just saying, you need to set up some suitable means of metrics for evaluation.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur